Part 1

I've never had a place to go when this kind of stuff happened, but here I am running out in a leather jacket, tank top, and shorts in the freezing cold and pouring rain. I cant take it anymore; the words hurt the most despite everything else that goes on in that house. 
I think walking through the streets, tears running down my face quietly. Walking to the park under the great big acorn tree with the crook that has just enough space for me to crawl up into and be covered by the rain. I smile and breath a sigh of relief as I climb into the small sanctuary. 

Minutes, hours pass with me in my little hole, crying so no one could hear. Or so I thought. 

He was tall and slender with shoulder length hair, and with the help of the park lights and the moonlight you could see that he had bright green eyes. He wasn't from around here though, everyone knew everyone in the small town, no he was new and new is not something I've ever really been good at. 

His voice was deep with a thick (but understandable) accent "You alright love? You look like something is bothering you."
I glanced at him, making sure that I was positive that I didn't know him. I knew everyone in this town, every voice and almost every name. Finally I decided that I didn't know him and that he didn't deserve my sharp tongue telling him to mind his own business.

I paused, running my fingers through my hair "yes sir I'm alright, I'm sorry that I bothered you." I spoke softly as I jumped down from the tree to leave until he grabbed my arm and turned me back around to face him. 

"It's no bother at all, sweetheart..." He began with a chuckle before trailing off to look at me and start again. "If you want, we can go someplace warmer, you must be freezing."

"What's your name? My mother always told me to stay away from strangers" I laced my tone with sarcasm and a smile that could fool anyone into thinking that I wasn't just crying in a tree until he announced his presents. 

 He chuckled and looked at me. "Well your mother is a smart lady, my name is Ville; what about yours? Do you have a name, or are you just the local girl that cries in trees?" He replied with the same amount of sarcasm and humor as I had given him, with a smirk that could kill.

I took a deep breath in, inhaling the crisp night air, feeling the cold hit me now that I have calmed down from my episode. "I-I'm Cheyenne, my name is Cheyenne."

"Well Cheyenne; like I said, would you like to come someplace warmer with me? You're starting to shiver." He asked again, smiling softly this time, holding his hand out for me to grab. 

I hesitated to grab his hand to study his face, watching his eyes study my face. His hand was soft, and his skin was warm compared to my freezing hand. 

We walked in silence for a bit, heading closer to the center of town and out of the neighborhood area. "So Cheyenne, where is the closest place that is warm and has coffee? I would like to get you there as soon as possible before you stumble over something more than your feet because you're so cold." His tone still carried some humor, but it was also filled more with worry, probably worry for himself because I was stumbling over myself because of the cold and he was probably worried that I would topple over on him. 
I giggled slightly "The nearest place is a Denny's, down the street and around the corner from here." I walked with my head down, watching my feet to make sure I didn't topple over on him or fell on my face and made a fool out of myself. 

As we got closer to Denny's the street and store lights brought more light to the dark sky, I could see clearly where I was going now and felt like I didn't need to keep an eye on my feet. Looking up and ahead I could see him looking at me through my hair, studying me again. 

When we got to Denny's he opened the door for me and helped me walk to our table, only when we sat down did I actually bring my head up too actually look at him, and when I did I almost jumped back out of my chair.