Part Ten

Salt In Our Wounds

Part 10.

Normal POV

I turned off the water to the shower and got dressed in a tank top and a pair of jeans, I brushed my teeth and hair then stepped out of the bathroom and into Ville's room. I sighed, thinking about what they could be talking about in the living room. I honestly I didn't want to face Janne, not yet, for my own selfish reasons. Reasons I know I would have to put aside for Ville, because I refuse to come between him and his band mates; his friends, even if one of them was my brother. I put my dirty close in the hamper and walked out into the stairwell, heading over to the living room when I heard a part of the conversation that they were having.

"Cheyenne, her name was Cheyenne." Janne said before I came all the way down. I smiled softly at Janne when his eyes shot up at me when he heard me come down. "Hey, you must be Ville's girlfriend..." he trailed off. Ville must not have told him my name yet.

"Yeah, Cheyenne, nice to see you Jann-Burton" I smiled and looked at him, trying to hide the mistake of almost calling him by his real name. he notice though his eyes shot up when I told him my name, and then grew wide at my mistake. I groaned giving into the tension that was already building. "Hi Janne.." I sighed and stuffed my hands in my pockets

"Cheyenne as in my sister Cheyenne?" he questioned, looking between Ville and I. Ville nodded in response, watching the two of us. "You can't be serious.." he slowly got up from the couch, walking towards me. I stood my ground, watching every step he took before he hugged me tight. I awkwardly returned the hug. He smelled the same as I remembered.

"Yeah, It's me Janne." I pulled away and smiled. This was awkward, but it could be going worse than it is. Burton hasn't yelled about Ville not telling him who I was sooner, and I haven't lost my temper. Burton looked at me with a smile, a grin that made me remember the days when he lived with our family. Burton looked at Ville and then glanced back at me before sitting back down.

"Wow, I would have never thought that my sister would ever be dating my friend and band mate; that's different..." He trailed off again, into his own thoughts staring at the floor as he did this.

Awkwardly and unsuccessfully I tried to break some tention. "Coffee anyone?" I asked as I started walking to the kitchen.

"Yes, please love." Ville coughed and adjusted himself on the couch, I could hear him lighting another cigarette.

I didn't hear Janne's answer so I answered for him. "You still take it black, Janne?"

"Yes.." he spoke softly.

I made our coffees, mine and Janne's black and Ville's with some cream and sugar. Taking my time trying to listen in to what the boys were saying, but other than some whispers that I couldn't make out it was silent.

The living room was small; it had a small sofa and a recliner. Janne had moved from the sofa to the recliner, Ville was on the sofa. I handed the boys their coffees before sitting on the other side of Ville on the couch. There was so much I wanted to say, but I didn't know if right now was the right time to say everything. Or if I should just wait it out. Eventually after a long sip if my coffee, letting the caffeine hit my body I decided on the latter.

Ville broke the silence. "I'm going to let you guys talk this out on your own.." he trailed, obviously feeling awkward. He placed his hand on mine and kissed my fingers before getting up and started for the stairs, placing a comforting hand on Janne's shoulder before going up the stairs.

"So, you and Ville huh?" Janne almost whispered. Hiding behind his coffee cup.

I nodded "Yeah, we met at the park after a fight with mom and dad.." I said through my teeth, holding my tongue.

"How are they?" he questioned, his tone becoming bolder with his questions.

"Dunno, they left the other day with nothing more than a note saying that they could be gone for as little to a few weeks and for as long as forever. Atleast it was a goodbye though" I gritted, shooting him daggers.

He took a sip of his coffee, looking at the floor. "I'm sorry about leaving. I didn't know what I was thinking not telling you that I was planning on leaving. If I told you, maybe things would be different."

I laughed "You were my best friend and you just left without any word.. For the past ten years all I wanted was my brother back, Janne." I sighed looking up at him, this time with a softer expression. "and now I have someone here, who looks and sounds like my brother; but I don't know it its him."

I saw him thinking before he replied, choosing his words. "The biggest mistake I ever made was not telling you, not keeping in contact with you, and I'm willing to make up for lost time. If... If you are." he met his eyes with mine.

"I'm willing, but it will take time. We have ten years to make up for." I replied.

"Okay" he sighed with relief.

We both stood up and hugged each other tightly. "Okay Ville, you can come out now!"

I heard Ville laugh from his bedroom upstairs before I heard his footsteps come down the stairs. He met me at the foot of the stairs and pecked my lips.

"Really man, my sister?" Janne laughed. Ville shrugged.

"Well Burton, if you would have told me about your sister before I got a vacation house here. Maybe I would have been more careful on who I talked to." he laughed and sent a joking look to Janne.