Chapter 10

A plane bearing the mark of the Thunderthrillers awaited them when they arrived at the Walker Field Airport. The private plane section was large and spacious. Hardly any planes were around other than two small jets.

The stairs lowered and they all walked onto the small aircraft. The interior of the plane consisted of two tables with cushioned benches on either side. The Thunderthrillers took the bench in the back of the plane leaving the table in the front to Lielle, Evie, Cassidy and Connor.

One they were seated Evie noted, "You know him, Cassidy. Are you an initiate?" she asked excitedly.

"I-yes. I found Daniel about six months ago. I was looking for my brother and I came to him to seek information because someone told me that he would provide me with something valuable to help me. When I got there he told me what he told you. I chose to leave and continue my search when he told me he didn't know my brother."

"So, don't mistake me for nosy, but what are your abilities?" Lielle asked quietly, clearly still thinking about what Daniel had revealed to her.

"Um, I'm a Telepathist-Sensor."

"A what?" Evie asked, eager to pick out every last detail, pushing the meeting with her real father which was soon to come out of her head.

"A Telepathist-Sensor," she repeated. "I'm a Duelist. I can control minds and have above average hearing, smell, taste, sight and feeling. Many Thunderthrillers don't trust Telepathists because we can manipulate their minds and you wouldn't know until afterward. We're upon the least trusted humans too because we seem to act in a manipulative manner around people. I swear I'm not manipulating you!" she hastily added after seeing Lielle's skeptical look.

Lielle turned to face out the window until she dozed off. Evie and Cassidy followed her example, but Connor was too full of curiosity to sleep.

* * * * *

The next hour was silent, the steady pounding of the rain against the windows of the aircraft calmed Connor's nerves from the events earlier that day.

"Connor," Daniel spoke from behind him. "Why don't you come sit with us? We can talk and answer any questions you or your friends may have."

Connor sighed. "Yes, I guess."

He slid himself into the booth, sitting on the edge of the bench as if he would have to get up and run at any moment.

"So," Zena began, "Connor Travis, what would you like to know? Maybe more about your abilities, a friend's abilities?"

"Actually," he raised his voice to be heard over Zena's chattering. "Why do you all call them 'abilities', not 'powers'. Anyone else would consider these powers, why not Thunderthrillers?"

"'Powers' sounds mythical," Ray stated. "We are not superheroes or anything of the sort. Anyone who thinks we are is watching too much Marvel®."

They all laughed, but Connor assumed they had all watched Marvel at one point or another and had no right to insult the movie magic they created.

Connor began, "Yes, all right-"

"Man," Daniel smirked, "You can use a bit of slang. Don't act so uptight and proper all the time. Loosen up."

More laughing around the table as Connor felt his face heat up. This was only natural to him, being proper and all, he should not be criticized about it.

"Okay, um, dude?" The word sounded more like a question and it felt foreign in his mouth, as if it was another language. "Why Thunderthrillers, not Thunder, or, well, anything else?"