1 | 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

seiki y/n

three weeks after "the split", school had started again. y/n and akaashi were in their second year in fukurodani, while bokuto and the other third years were in their last.

"maaan, i really am going to miss all of you!" bokuto exclaimed, walking next to y/n and miya akari.

the three were headed to their home room classes, waving at students and teachers on the way.

"you're not graduating until the end of the year, ba-ka," scoffed out akari, a second year in fukurodani.

her slight slouch didn't go unnoticed by y/n. she smirked at her close friend. "mm, but we will most definitely miss you, kou-san. akari-chan can confirm."

the miya twins' cousin whirled to lightly jab y/n, the h/c-haired girl laughing.

bokuto furrowed his eyebrows. "confirm that you'll both miss me...?"

"hm?" y/n hummed, pausing and turning to bokuto.

ah, he's still naive, she realised as she saw his clueless expression.

"yeah, i mean who wouldn't miss the greatest ace of fukurodani," interrupted akari before y/n could let "the secret" out.

"yeah, who wouldn't!" bokuto said gleefully, nodding.

it seemed he's already forgotten the earlier comment, y/n thought, cracking a smile. akari should just go and confess already.

"where's, uh..." akari's blue orbs slid to y/n before turning back to bokuto. "where's akaashi-kun?"

right.

we're back to school.

i have to see him again.

god forbid, i have to interact with him again.

"oh, he'd usually be with us by now," said bokuto thoughtfully.

he glanced at y/n too.

"no clue."

they left it at that.

a few seconds later, bokuto and akari filled the silence with their chatter, y/n occasionally chipping in.

but where was akaashi?

a loud crash at the end of the hallway snapped y/n out of her reverie. bokuto, y/n and akari turned a corner to see the commotion.

"i'm so, so sorry!" a blonde-haired girl quickly got up from the floor and bowed.

y/n, bokuto and akari exchanges confused glances before looking back to the scene. books and laptop cases were scattered on the floor. there was a girl currently bowing and there was a boy on the ground. y/n's throat tightened. she recognised him even from behind — of course she did. bokuto and akari didn't say anything.

akaashi got up and nodded, his back facing the three. "it's alright."

then, he bent down to pick the items up off the floor, the girl swiftly following suit.

"you're a new student?" akaashi asked casually, handing her belongings to her.

she thanked him and smiled, green eyes sparkling. "from america, yeah."

"akaashi starting conversations?" muttered bokuto in disbelief.

"unbelievable," akari added quietly.

y/n took a good look at the blonde. she was pretty. blonde hair, green eyes. she was very pretty. was he trying to move on already?

"...only a few. my name's heather."

in the blink of an eye, akaashi and "heather" were already walking down the hall together, a conversation flowing between the two of them.

y/n stared in bewilderment. how long did it take for y/n to get past his monotonous self? how long did it take her to act like that around him?

much longer than three seconds, that's for sure, she scoffed.

"he's not walking with us?" bokuto asked, a pout on his lips.

"no, kou-san," said y/n flatly.

bokuto's shoulders sunk and akari frowned.

"let's just... go to class," akari piped up, a hand on either of the two's arms.

y/n and bokuto quietly complied, the thought of potentially losing akaashi hitting them.

but as y/n's eyes lingered on the pair disappearing around the corner, she knew that she already had.

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

yoo i dunno why it took me ages to upload oNE fucking chapter but here we are 🥰🥰 thanks for putting up with me ahah

just to clarify, heather is some rando girl that you will most definitely get to know later, and miya akari is the miya twins' cousin. she didn't move to hyogo with them tho, and instead stayed in tokyo.

tysm for clicking this book

the best setter ever 🤩,
clara

❉ ╧╧╧╧ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉