3 | 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

seiki y/n

"is that so?" y/n's gaze flickered over to daisuke, breaking their staring contest.

daisuke nodded, his uneven yet symmetrical fringe moving with the motion. he seemed relieved that the awkwardness disappeared again.

he looks more like tobio-chan's brother than suzumeda-chan's.

"i'm her half brother, yeah. we don't look alike at all, do we?" he chuckled.

"not really," y/n agreed, a small smile playing on her lips. "which school did you transfer from?"

"ah... i used to go to nekoma. i played volleyball there with kuroo-san and the others."

"you play volleyball?"

"i'm an opposite hitter. i'm guessing you play too?"

"setter," said y/n proudly.

"wait... setter, fukurodani, seiki- i've heard about you! they keep saying you're oikawa-san's counterpart." daisuke mockingly stared into the distance.

y/n felt ecstatic. so she's quite known in the volleyball world too, huh?

"i'm his kouhai. i went to kitagawa with tooru-san, iwa-san and a handful more seijoh transfers."

"of course you're oikawa-san's junior." daisuke grinned. "you sound like him and you apparently play like him. did he teach you how to play?"

"ah, yeah. i'm going to take that as a compliment... tobio-chan sulked every time tooru-san taught me something new."

"geez, you're associated with the 'king of the court' too?"

"yeah, i know at least one person in most japanese high school teams."

daisuke tilted his head, impressed. he turned to akaashi. "akaashi-san plays volleyball too, doesn't he?"

y/n's smile faded. their easy flow of conversation was cut short. akaashi raised his head from staring aimlessly at his desk. y/n did feel a little guilty for leaving him out of the conversation, but she didn't particularly want to talk to him either.

"i play setter," akaashi said.

and there he goes again, replying blankly.

"ahh, like seiki-san." daisuke nodded. "so it is true, then? all setters are pretty."

"suzumeda-san, thank you, but i'm no-"

"and seiki-san's the prettiest," daisuke interrupted with a smile.

"thanks...? um, could i call you daisuke-san? i call your older sister suzumeda-chan and it's quite confusing." y/n didn't know whether daisuke was outright flirting with her or if it was some sort of friendly compliment.

akaashi, on the other hand, didn't take it so lightly.

"where'd you even hear about that?" akaashi said with a raised brow.

"it's a well-known fact and i can confirm it." daisuke looked confused, glancing at y/n. "did i strike a nerve or-"

y/n shrugged in return. why akaashi seemed so aggressive all of the sudden was a mystery to her.

"if you should know, y/n-chan's taken," akaashi said monotonously, resting his chin on his palm.

eh?

y/n's head turned to face akaashi in surprise. what is he on about? and i thought we were on last name basis now? daisuke seemed as shocked.

"by who?" daisuke leaned forward, blue-grey eyes narrowed.

y/n shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"by..." akaashi glanced at y/n. he smiled, although it didn't look friendly at all. "by me."

what-!

akaashi keiji

cheating on y/n was one of the worst mistakes i've ever made.

being caught in the moment and feeling like shit aren't viable excuses.

not at all.

yet he did cheat on her.

he cheated on her but she still didn't know. she just noticed he acted more distant towards her, so naturally she did the same. it came to a point where she couldn't handle it anymore and just put their relationship to a stop.

there was no doubt akaashi missed her. but he figured that he might as well just get over her and focus on volleyball and his studies.

still, she lived in his mind. he couldn't stop thinking of her stunning, e/c eyes, her cold yet soft hands, or her laugh that, no matter how much it sounded like kuroo's hyena laugh, he loved to hear.

as akaashi met y/n's surprised eyes again, his chest tightened. but he had to remain emotionless appearance-wise for the sake of it, even if he wanted nothing more than to run back into her arms and explain everything.

i miss you, y/n.

"by me," akaashi said to daisuke before he could stop himself.

he was already in the deep end. he realised he couldn't go back now after seeing their shocked faces.

i'm shocked myself, too.

"isn't that right, y/n-chan?" akaashi went on, tilting his head.

i miss you so much, y/n.

and i'm sorry

that i kissed

heather.