ch 7; if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes.

After a night of getting some decent sleep, it got better. Zayn no longer felt the need to keep listing things which must've drove Harry away. He felt more like himself, figured it was best to give Harry some space. Had also considered to forget Harry altogether but that was just him being spiteful.

There he was, sitting beside Theo and Louis in Divination. For some reason, he couldn't focus on the class. Too occupied with his new found clarity. There's a lot Zayn Malik was capable of; using the memory loss spell was not one of them. After all, Harry only brought good things in his life.

He has been more conscious of his volatile temper after that Great Hall incident. No longer feels the need to pick up fights but if he uses his spells to move people away when they're in his way, it's purely for their own good. He has also been mindful of doing his share of chores like making his bed. Because-

You have elves make your bed? Zayn, they're overworked like hell. Of course, leave it to Harry to care about how much work the house elves are doing.

Zayn looks out the window, catches himself wondering what Harry must be doing. And if Harry could hear him, he'd say that maybe our finger prints don't fade from the lives we've touched.

"Z, Aiden and a couple others want to go to Hogsmeade this weekend, you wanna come?" Theo asks him discreetly.

"Don't we have an essay due next week?"

"Why don't you invite me? I'll go," Louis whisper-yells from beside Zayn.

Theo chuckles under his breath, "Don't you have some sucking up to do with Eleanor?"

"She loves me, she'll understand," Louis grins.

Zayn rolls his eyes, "Let me guess, she found out your presents were actually my presents?"

Theo cracks up at that, "Why does she even date you, mate?"

"We should actually ask her that," Zayn agrees in a teasing tone.

"You will do no such thing," Louis begins, hitting them both at the back of their heads, "We're going out this weekend. Merlin knows Zayn needs it."

Zayn raises his eye brows, turning to Louis, "Do I, now?"

"Ever since you got your tiny Slytherin heart broken. Here, make yourself useful, fold this into a paper plane," Louis slides him paper.

When Theo and he are busy making paper planes, he catches a glimpse of that rose ring.

They don't have any classes after this, basically a free morning. And if Louis' plans involve wreaking havoc in Divination, Zayn would gladly be a part of it. Maybe things are getting back to how they were supposed to be.

"You're lucky you didn't take Ancient Runes," Louis groans.

"I told you not to take it too," Zayn snickers, sending him off to the class.

He can't stop looking at the ring. Even if it has gotten better, he'd still like to talk to Harry. For closure or summat. Would be really nice to see him too. He files that thought away.

"Avenseguim," he casts the locator spell on the rose ring. It's a spell which his mum had taught him for when he'd get lost as a kid. He could cast it on anything which belonged to his mum and the spell would help him locate her. Zayn fully expects the ring to lead him to some class or even the Gryffindor tower but is confused when it leads him to the Clock Tower on the third floor.

It's one of the lessor known parts of the Hogwarts Castle but Zayn's been there before. For a second, he thinks the spell must've been cast wrong because why would anyone be here during class hours. But then he sees it.