twenty-four

Love is the glue that stuck us together.

∅ ∅ ∅ ∅ ∅ ×

It had been three days since Noah's encounter with Brad, and, as expected, he didn't come back waltzing in their lives.

Noah recalled the time when she dropped Brad off. When she got back in the car, she cried her emotions out, going home only when she no longer had tears left to cry. When she got home, she wished that Cuddles was there to accompany her, especially since she couldn't sleep at all. She only slept when she already got to the hospital the next day, and that was only because it was time for her grandfather to sleep, too.

At the moment, Noah's grandfather was being assisted to a wheelchair so that he could watch their church's livestream at the lounge, which was his request. Of course, they needed approval from the doctor, which they got, but they had to be accompanied by a nurse during the entire time in case of an emergency.

Chloe, the nurse who assisted them, positioned her grandfather's wheelchair beside a bench, then she asked Noah if she wanted to sit next to her grandfather or not. Noah was about to answer when she caught a glimpse of who was playing the piano by the church choir.

It can't be him. No, it can't be.

"Excuse me, Miss Hayes? Have you heard my question?" Chloe asked Noah, who nodded her head.

"I think you should be sitting beside him, thank you," Noah said, then Chloe returned her a smile before sitting down. Noah sat down beside the nurse, her eyes fixated on the screen as a curly-haired boy who wore a white polo that was unbuttoned until right above his chest started to play the piano.

"Is this live or recorded?" Noah silently asked Chloe, who shrugged.

"It's live. Although it is 15 minutes late," Chloe said, then Noah nodded her head.

"Thank you," Noah said, then she kept on looking out for Brad. Aside from the fact that he looked so much better than the last time she saw him, she felt the exact same way as him when they were on the boat.

She just couldn't get him off of her mind.

Even Noah's grandfather seemed to have noticed that Brad was playing the piano, and he looked beyond proud of him. Noah, on the other hand, felt proud, as well, but she also couldn't help but feel a little pain in her heart.

She missed him so much.

When the whole thing was done, Noah's grandfather was wheeled somewhere else so he could get checked-up. Meanwhile, Noah went out and grabbed food for herself in the place she knew by heart.

Unexpectedly, she was greeted by a completely different waiter, who looked like he doesn't give out food for free, unlike her friends.

"By the way, and I'm sorry if this will bother you, but, where are James and Tristan? They're supposed to be in at the moment," Noah asked the guy, who shrugged.

"They quit around maybe a week ago? They said that they were going to focus on their band and stuff, especially after they found their bass player," the waiter said, then Noah nodded her head and thank the boy.

Directly after eating, Noah went back to the hospital where she saw her grandfather watching a movie. She gave him the salad that she ordered for him, then they both watched the movie together.

"How was your check-up?" Noah asked her grandfather, who chuckled.

"I'm not sure, Noah. I'm scared of the result, but at the same time, I'm okay with anything, you know? I just need time to do all the things I've never done before," Noah's grandfather said, then Noah smiled.