~4~

***\TimeSkip/Astrid and Hagrid watched in amazement as Harry soared through the air on the proud Hippogriff, Buckbeak

***
\TimeSkip/
Astrid and Hagrid watched in amazement as Harry soared through the air on the proud Hippogriff, Buckbeak. Turning in the direction of the pair, Hagrid put two fingers up to his lips and blew, whistling to call the winged creature down. The pair circled the tall forest trees before landing, Buckbeak galloping causing Harry to tighten his hold on the creatures neck. 

"Well done Harry! And well done Buckbeak!" The students started clapping, Astrid included, and complemented him and how cool it was just watching him.

After picking Harry off of Buckbeak and placing him on the ground, the Hufflepuff could hear Hagrid ask the boy the same question he had asked her earlier, "How am I doing for my first day?"

"Brilliant, Professor." Hagrid and Astrid grinned at the name.

Hearing someone grunt, Astrid turned around from her spot watching Hagrid and the boy converse and saw the platinum haired boy stroll over to the Hippogriff. "You're not dangerous at all, are you? You great ugly brute.."

Buckbeak squawked and flapped it's wings to make himself look bigger and the teen continued walking. This gained the half giant and Astrid attention. Astrid, anticipating that this might happen, run to her bag and looked for the puckleweed grass as Hagrid warned him to stop.

"Malfoy, Malfoy, don't!"

Screams echoed as the students ran back. Seeing the large creature raised its front legs and swipe at the boy. He's surprised expression as he saw the majestic creature prepare its attack. It's talons lashed out and scratched his arm, as he had put it out to protect himself. 'Malfoy', as she heard his name was, fell to the ground from the force and cradled his wounded arm.

The Hippogriff raised its front legs again but Astrid put herself between the two. She put her hands up to the large creature as if she were trying to calm a horse. "Hey hey hey it's ok it's ok.." She voice was calm, knowing that it would help to keep him calm. Beakbuck lowered his front legs, not wanted to hurt the small female, and stomped his hooves a few times. Astrid moved her hand that held the sweet smelling grass in a slow figure eight movement, making sure he could smell it.

Once she saw that his eyes were trained on her hand, she moved forward cautiously. Her empty hand moved under his jaw and the other hand with the puckleweed rubbed his beak so the sweet scent he could continued to smell it.

The platinum haired boy, who's name was apparently named 'Malfoy' as Hagrid had said before, whines and laid on ground as he held his arm. 'A little dramatic,' Astrid thought to her before chuckling quietly to herself, 'but then again he's never been bitten by a bandersnatch before.' Thinking back to when she was 11 and bitten by a bandersnatch, Spots, who was at the time being abused for animal cage fights and didn't trust humans at all. It was only defense.

"It's killed meh! It's killed meh!" Malfoy said, whimpering on the ground as Hagrid said, "I-I-It's ok, it's only a scratch."

As she stroked the Hippogriff's muzzle, Astrid could heard someone say, "Hagrid, he has to go to the Hospital Wing!" Turning her head to the voice, she saw a girl with bushy brown hair and brown eyes. "I'm the teacher. I'll take him." The half giant said as he scooped up the overdramatic teen and carried him toward the large castle. "You're going to regret this. You and your bloody chicken.." Malfoy said from Hagrid's arms, which made his "threat" less threading.

Calling over his shoulder, he shouted, "Astrid, you're in charge! Finish the class period!" This made her eyes widen. She whipped around to face him and say, "What?! Me?! I can't! I'm not a teacher!"

"Yes you! You have more knowledge about strange creatures than anyone I know! You'll do fine." Before she could argue back, he had already left the forest. Leaving Astrid with a group of teenagers that excepted her to teacher them well.

'Frick'