~6~

***Draco Malfoy sat at the Slytherin house table in the great hall, surrounded by his 'friends' and a couple of girls that were fawning over him because of his injury

***
Draco Malfoy sat at the Slytherin house table in the great hall, surrounded by his 'friends' and a couple of girls that were fawning over him because of his injury. He was just milking the attention from them.

"Does it hurt terrible, Draco?" Pansy asked next to him, looking at him sympathetically. He didn't particularly like her, but you take what you can get. "It's comes and it goes. I should consider myself lucky. Without Madam Pomphrey, another minute or two and I could've lost my arm." He said looking down at his arm wrapped in bandages and put in a sling.

As Pansy continued to fawn over him, he felt someone tap on his shoulder. Turning around he saw Astrid there with a small smile on her face and was wearing her Hufflepuff robe with her uniform. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry about what happened to your arm. That was definitely was not how that lesson was going to go. Yes your arm feeling better at least?"

Not trusting his words at the moment, he nodded his head and still looked at her with slightly widened eyes. Her smile brighten at his reaction. Pansy had been glaring at the Hufflepuff which she hadn't noticed or just simply didn't care. He couldn't tell which. "I'm glad you're ok. I hope you get better soon!" The last part of what she said she had said from over her shoulder as she had started walking away with what he could only assume where her friends, one was a tall Gryffindor while the other a average height Hufflepuff, both females.

'Merlin, she really is prefect, isn't she...'

{Astrids PoV}
As I walked away, I looked up to see both my friends share a look. "W-What's with the look? What was that look? I've never seen that look before."

Rhea laughed a little before saying, "We just didn't know that you had a new boy toy, that's all." Rhea Gomez was a beautiful Indian girl with dark brown hair that was short and wavy, pretty light brown eyes, had a pear shaped face with nice cheekbones, and stood tall at 5'6". She was a Gryffindor and her attitude showed that, even tho most people still thought she was a Slytherin. She could be protective at times and teasing at times but, Daisy and I loved her all the same.

Daisy Jones was the opposite. She was a alluring African-American girl with VERY curly black hair that was almost an afro, dark brown eyes, a nice heart shaped face with cute cheeks, was 5'3" which was average for women our age, and was a Hufflepuff. She was a very caring person, almost motherly in a sense, and very intelligent despite how goofy she was around the two of us.

Daisy seemed to giggle along with Rhea as she said, "We didn't know you had a thing for bad boys, Astrid." I was now utterly and completely confused.

"What? What do you mean?" I didn't understand what they meant. What did they mean 'had a thing?' He was nice, at least to me, so of course I would want to be his friend!

"You know what, it's probably nothing. Don't worry about it." Rhea said as she ruffled my already messy hair. I gave the both of them a skeptical look before turning away and walking down the other hall. "Oookkkk. Well I have to check to Ban so, I'll see you two later!" I yelled back as I speed walk down the hall so I didn't break the no running rule.

{Back to Draco}

After the study hall had finished, Draco was searching the castle for the hufflepuff that made him...feel things that he hadn't before. He didn't know why he was looking for her, he just was. He didn't have a reason and it made no rational sense to him, but he still did.

Resorting to his last option, he walked to Dumbledore's office. Knocking on the door and then going in when he heard a faint 'come in' from the other side.

"Ah Draco, how can I help you today? You normally don't come to me with problems.." The headmaster said, seemingly confused as to why the young Malfoy was there. He normally went to Snape with problems or just to tattle on someone (mostly Potter).

"I have been trying to find Astrid, Astrid Lux. Would you happen to know where she is?" He definitely didn't want to seem weak in front of the headmaster. But Dumbledore seemed to read him like a book. Draco has never cared about anyone, not even his friends Crabbe and Goyle who were more like bodyguards. He had only cared about himself, his family, and his families status. Now here he was, asking the whereabouts of a hufflepuff girl. A half blood no less!

"She is at the Sanctum. If you go outside as if you were going out to Hagrid's hut but go to the right instead of the left. You'll find it." Dumbledore said as he looked up from whatever he was writing on and gave Draco a knowing smile.

The Slytherin boy nodded as he thought about the route he would need to take. He went to the door before Dumbledore called him, "Oh, and Draco, sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."

He looked at the older man as if he was crazy, and maybe he was. The headmaster nodded his head mostly to himself as he ushered Draco out the door, smiling to himself.

Outside the office, Draco shook his head at the old mans inquiry.

'Merlin, he really is loony..'