After class

You know what? I don't care if this turns out horrible because I'm proud of my self right now. I'll probably wake up in the morning and yeet myself for not editing this well, but I'm really happy right now so suck it, me from the future! (Frick you, me from the past. Don't do that again.) Either way, I hope you enjoy it!

Drops were all she heard as she stood under the roof of one of her childhood friends' houses, her other childhood friend, Jack Jones by her side. She sneakily glanced at his form leaning against one of the pillars of the house, earbuds in and eyes closed, uncaring of the horrible weather. Queen shivered as a gust of cold wind suddenly passed by. Holding her arms, she rubbed them up and down hoping to get more warmth.

"I told you it was a bad idea to use that sweater."

Looking beside her, Queen met Jack's ocean eyes and she could only nervously laugh.

"It was either this or nothing, I didn't really have a choice."

He raised his eyebrows at that.

"What about the light pink jacket I gave you?" Queen shook her head, cheeks tinted pink with embarrassment. One quick glance at his direction and she looked away, nervously playing with her fingers.

"I had it hung up to dry, but...", Queen bit the inside of her cheek and gestured toward the cloudy and gloomy sky, the drops now turning into a full downpour. Beside her, Jack stared at her with a slight smirk.

"I keep telling you to check the weather, but you don't pay attention to me. Consider this a punishment from mother nature."

Pouting because he was right, Queen lightly punched his right arm to which Jack could only laugh. After a few minutes of jabbing at each other and talking, their conversation dwindled into a comfortable silence. Queen checked the time on her phone and seeing that King was no doubt coming out of his house in at least 10 minutes, she grabbed her school bag from where she last placed it and held the straps with both her hands.

A little bored at the silence, Queen turned to her childhood friend.

"Jack?"

No response. His eyes were focused on the road and his earbuds were being used once again. He had his hands tucked into his pockets and had his school bag now hanging from his shoulder.

'He can't hear me?' Queen thought. A treacherous thought then came to mind and she had to pinch herself to stop herself from doing something stupid, however, it seems her mind wasn't going to relent any time soon.

'Just once. You'll know how it feels like and he won't know, there's no harm in trying.'

'But what if he does hear? Besides, King is bound to get out any second now!' her rationality screamed.

'Then do it now! Just three words, and it will only take you less than one minute!'

Her rational side was against it, but her emotional side was keen on having her do it. She didn't want to take the risk, but for how long had she dreamt about this? Just three words. Three words and what she had bottled up inside her for what seemed years would come out and make her feel better than ever, she hoped so at least.

Swallowing, Queen shook lightly and focused on the exact same road Jack was staring at. Taking a deep breath, she uttered his name.

"Jack."

Nothing.

"Jack." Her tone a bit stronger now.

Nothing again.

Convinced that he couldn't hear her, Queen made up her mind and blushed as she looked at her feet. The words were at the edge of spilling out, just a push and-!

"I love you." Queen finally said, shoulders relaxing once she released the pent up feeling inside her, eyes blissfully closed.

"I love you too."

Eyes snapping open faster than the speed of light, Queen slowly turned toward the boy who had full control of her heart, hoping that it was a hallucination and that he was still staring at the passing cars, but alas, the world was against her because he was standing right where he last was, the only exception being that he was turned toward her, expression serious.

Queen was ready to jump off a cliff. Curse her emotional side for having her confess and learn that he-!

Wait.

Queen blinked once, twice.

'I love you too'

Staring at him with shock written all over her face, Queen could only wonder if he was actually serious.

"Yes. I'm being serious." He said, she stared at him in disbelief, was he doing one of his pranks? but him rubbing his blushing cheek with his finger was convincing her that yes, he was actually serious.

"How did you know? About the serious part, I mean." Queen asked.

He chuckled then leaned toward her, eyes sparkling with something warm and something that had her weak in the knees.

"Your face, eyes, everything about you gave it off. You may not have realized it, but...", Jack raised his hand and held the side of her face, hand under her hair, and Queen found herself leaning in, " I've been watching you this whole time, since we were children actually." He finished, voice dropping to a whisper.

As the distance between them started decreasing, Queen softly laughed.

"That's kind of creepy." she mumbled.

"Shush." Pulling her in, their lips barely brushed when the door suddenly opened. They both detached fast from each other, faces beet red at being caught. The blue-haired teenager standing right at the entrance of his home looked stunned at the scene he had just witnessed, then he smirked tauntingly.

"While I don't appreciate you both kissing right in front of me, all I can say is that it was about time. You two were circling around each other for years."

Jack glared at him, his glare coming off as harmless considering his still blushing face.

"Shut up, King."

King only shrugged and opened his umbrella as he stepped out and locked the door.

"I don't know how you didn't consider the idea of me catching you both, but I'll tease you two about it later. We should start heading now or else we won't make it for the bell."

Queen checked her phone and winced.

"He's right. We better hurry up."

Jack clicked the roof of his mouth and turned toward Queen, holding his hand out. She raised an eyebrow and he did the same. Jack pointed at her umbrella.

"Your umbrella won't last under this pouring, it's too small. "

"He's right, Queen."

Said girl just stood there for a second before taking his hand. The three of them started walking toward their school when Jack had them walking at a slower pace, causing both him and Queen to be a bit behind. She questioningly looked at him.

"Look, right now is not the time, but we'll talk about the whole 'confession' thing after class." Jack let out, Queen understood and said nothing as he slightly smiled and took her hand, she only moved as her body unconsciously followed him, her mind out of place.

She didn't know why the day seemed much brighter than before.

She didn't know why it felt like she was free.

But what she did know...

Their lips brushed together and she felt herself drowning.

-was that she couldn't wait for after class.