Chapter 19

Bright orange. Big. Bright. Orange. Danny covered his eyes as he stumbled back. He had run around the corner and been met with his dads rear end directly in his face.
"Ah there it is!" Jack said as he rummaged around on the very bottom grocery store shelf. "The last pack of Just like your mama made fudge" he stood upright and turned around to the cart.
"Danny boy!" He shouted. His eyes landing on his sons terrified expression. "Glad you could make it."
"Uh Yea, hm hm." Danny chuckled. "Where's Jazz?"
Jack placed the fudge down in the cart. "Her and your mother went to the aisle with all the fancy soaps. I'll never understand why they are so attracted to that stuff, do they know how weird they look smelling soap in a store." He said as he proceeded to pick up a package of cookies and sniff the box from one end to another. "I mean really who does that."
Danny held up his finger. "Uh huh yea uhhh I gotta go find Jazz." He said as he scurried off to the aisle of hygiene products.
"Jazz?"
He called out.
"Over here Danny." Jazz voice called out from another aisle.
Danny watched through different aisles until he finally came to the hair accessories section. Jazz was reading the back of different hair brush packages. "Should I go with the copper infused bristles or the instant detangling bristles?" She said as her brother turned the corner.
"Jazz, I need to ask you for a favor." Danny said.
"What's up." Jazz replied.
"I want to go to Sam's room and pack up her stuff, not all of it yet but just enough that she will feel at home with us for the time being. She doesn't have much of her own stuff with us and I think it would help her feel better if she did."
Jazz nodded. "Good thinking little brother."
Jazz put both brushes down and walked over to her mom and dad who had found each other in the seasonal section.
"Hi kids." Maddie said lovingly.
"Me and Danny are going to go grab a couple of Sam's things, We will be home for dinner." Jazz said to both of their parents.
They nodded and continued looking at seasonal items while their kids made their way out of the store and down the block to Sam's.
It was long until they were there, Jazz walked up the steps and knocked on the door. A few minutes went by before she tried again. After about 10 minutes of no one answering she tried the door knob.
"Are they still out of town?" She asked Danny.
"I think so, here." He grabbed Jazz hand. "Let's try this" he turned intangible and walked through the closed door.
"Danny isn't this breaking and entering?"Jazz asked nervously as she stepped through the wall.
"More like phasing and entering but you get the drift." He was about to let go and turn them both back into visible humans when jazz pulled his hand back.
"Jazz?" He said turning back. "Look up the corner of the room behind the TV." She said through her gritted teeth.
Danny looked passed the shadow of the TV. A security camera trailed the room. Left to right, right to left and repeat.
"Okay time for a different plan." He switched from intangible to invisible and continued to walk to Sam's room before turning intangible once again and entering her room.
"Do you see any cameras?" Danny asked. Jazz shook her head.
"No, I think we are good here." Jazz said as she opened Sam's closet and pulled down a duffel bag and a suite case.
The two walked around her room filling the bags up with clothes shoes and some of Sam's personal things like books and cd's. Danny opened a drawer and stopped. He pulled out a picture of him and Sam at the dance, taken by tucker. She had her back to the camera but you could see Danny's face in full view. The expression was clear, love was plastered across his eyes and mouth. He smiled remembering the dance.
"Try and keep your pants on." Sam's voice echoed through his head. He put the picture back in the drawer and closed it before joining Jazz in grabbing her favorite pillows, bat slippers, and blankets.
"I think this okay for now. We can come back if she ask for anything else." Danny said. Jazz nodded. He turned intangible and walked his sister and himself through the door way back out the front entrance.
He let the white rings wash over his body turning his ice blue eyes to a neon green and his raven black hair to a snowy white. He put the duffel bag over his shoulder, wrapped one arm around his sisters side and launched them both into the air. They flew across the mid day sky reaching Fenton works in a matter of minutes. "What's that?" Jazz said as she pointed around the side of the house.
"Oh no" Danny said. Vines ran up the wall to Sam's window. Danny flew inside and up the stairs to his girlfriends side. The vines were plastered to the outside of the window looking for a way to get in. Sam was sitting up in her bed with music playing in her headphones and watching something on her phone. She smiled but her smile quickly turned to a frown. When She noticed the horrified look on Danny's face and turned around. Her eyes widened at the sight of vines slithering around on the outside. She backed away. Danny looked down at her hands, they were turning a greenish color, like his ecto-energy. He walked over to her and grabbed her wrist, she quickly looked over and him and looked down. Her eyes in shock at the green glow around her hand. He held out her hand towards the vines, he swept her hand to the left and they followed. To the right, and they followed once again. They danced to the movement of her fingers as if they were puppets tied to an invisible string.
"Don't be nervous, Close your eyes and Inhale slowly" Danny said to Sam. She did what she said.
" Make a fist." Her relaxed hand curling into a fist while he held her wrist. "Keep it up." He slowly let go. He backed away a few feet. "Feel the energy building up inside of you until it has no place to go but out." Her energy shifted. He could feel the ghostly cold radiating from her body. It was intertwined with a feeling of warmth, like it was alive in a strange sort of way. The green around her hand glowed brighter, the intensity to be let go growing stronger and stronger.
"Exhale and let it all go. Open your eyes and take control of your powers." Danny said.
Her eyes flashed open, bright green radiating from them. Her fist opened with the palm of her hand facing the window. A purplish-green ecto-energy exploded from her hands towards the window it broke through the window and out towards the vines. It encased them, phasing in, intertwining with each other. She raised her hand up and the plants followed. They were at her mercy now. She swung it down commanding them to go back from where they came and they did just that. The vines receded quickly into cracks in the ground, with the ground closing up behind them. She glowed brighter and brighter until her eyes changed back to normal her hand dropped to her side, and her whole body followed as she fell into a deep...dark....sleep.