Chapter 20

Danny walked over to Sam.  Her energy was weakened, human side fading fast. "Is this it." He said to himself as he laid his hand over her arm. He yanked it back quickly. Her body was Icy hot, so cold that it burned like fire.
He backed up as her body began to glow, purple and swirls of green illuminating her fair skin.
"Now." A voice came from behind him. He turned around. Clockworks reflection was staring at Danny in the mirror.
Clockwork shook his head, Danny clenched his fist and turned back around. He turned intangible and over shadowed Sam. It was the same feeling as when he got into her dream before but something slippery and slimy crept in the shadows. He could feel it's dark presence haunting every corner of her mind. He looked around, the ruins of nasty burger scattered along the streets of amity park. He quickly turned invisible and watched the scene play out. Sam was lying on the ground, bleeding out. Dark Danny standing over her, mocking her, kicking her around like a rag doll. He used to his powers to throw her lifeless body into a near by tree. Then he made several trees fall on top of her.
"That takes care of that one. She was too weak." He smirked as he turned around and walked away.
"Once she wakes, she will be admitted into an asylum, for the darkness will have over taken her mind and bring Danny to his knees." He laughed. Sam's energy was very low.
Danny's eyes glowed green as he quickly body slammed his older self into a nearby structure. "She'll never bow to you." Danny said to Dark Dan. "But I think she already has." Dark Danny smirked. "What are you—-" he cut himself off as Danny's heart dropped. He could hear the slowing sound of Sam's heart beat, slowly stopped and coming to a halt. Her human energy, completely gone. Crumbled away. Lost to the ghost of the past. Danny's eyes glowed bright green in anger, he whipped back around and faced his girlfriends killer.
"Looks like she was too weak to ever take her full form." He snickered. "You'll forever think it was your fault, and soon enough the world will have a new evil super villain."
Danny released ecto blast as his dark counterpart but dark Danny easily dodged them. He came back around Danny and grabbed him in a chokehold before throwing him across the ground. The two fought with such intensity that they didn't realize the faint purple glow growing stronger from underneath the pile of trees. Dark Danny kicked Danny phantom over on his side, Danny badly wounded but still determined to fight till the end. 
" this is endearing." Dark Danny scoffed. " just like what was supposed to happen." Dark dan raised his hand, his energy blast growing stronger and stronger, eyes glowing with a fiery rage behind them.
"Hey Frankenstein." A familiar voice yelled from behind them. He turned around taking his attention off Danny. "No." He said walking backwards in shock. "You're supposed to be dead!" He screamed.
"Have you not heard that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
Danny crawled away while dark Danny was being confronted by the mysterious on looker.
He  hid behind a tree, he slowly looked around to see the most beautiful sight he had ever seen.
Sam, standing in front of dark Danny, her normal attire, everything the same except for her bright purple eyes flashing a mixture of green and purple.
She gritted her teeth and growled as white rings washed over her body. Her new suite taking over her previous attire. Her black hair, turning Snow White. "Get out of my mind." She growled through her closed teeth as she raised both hands up in the air. Vines exploded from the ground, wrapping around dark Danny slamming him into surrounding buildings and the ground.
The ground started rumbling. Danny watched as A giant Venus flytrap exploded from the ground.
"I'd like him well done De-Milo." Sam said with a laugh.
The Venus fly trap smirked and then roared up into the air. He then brought his head down as flames exploded from his mouth, like a dragon. Completely torching the dark version of her friend. She waved her hand, allowing the vines to drop dark Danny at her feet. His eyes were shut, "that's what I thought." She said as she kicked his limp body. She turned to walk away.
Dark Danny's eyes flashed open, glowing bright red.
"NO." He screamed as he sent every last bit of energy he had hurdling towards her. Sam kept her back turned away from him as Danny heard the sound of a great force slamming against something solid. He closed his eyes in fear. When he opened them he saw a ghastly sight. Sam's back still turned but thick sheets of metal creating a barricade between her and dark Danny's energy. She turned around as the metal separated for her. She raised her hands up again but instead of vines, metal beams from underground came up at her command. "Is that?"  Danny stuttered.
"Telekinesis." Clockworks voice said from behind him. "Shes skilled. Very powerful."
Danny nodded in shock.
The two watched as Dark Danny made several attempts to bring Sam down, all of which failed. She raised her fist, a glowing green ball of energy with purple swirls inside of it formed. She hurled it at him, knocking him off his feet finally putting him down for good.
Her eyes stopped glowing a bright purple and changed into the same glowing green eyes Danny had in his ghost form. Clockwork and several observants approached the fallen villain.
"Dan Phantom. You are under arrest for crimes against humanity.." the observant began. Clockwork held out a hand.
"This is the dreamscape. He can't be arrested. But he can be thrown into an endless loop of his worst possible nightmare. Purgatory if you will." Clockwork reached under his cloak and pulled out another Fenton thermos. He aimed it at Dark Danny and sucked him into black nothingness. Where he would stay  for all eternity.
Sam looked up at clockwork and the observants, they smiled at her before disappearing into nothing.
Danny stood up from behind the tree, and limped over to Sam.
Sam ran over to him and pulled him into a hug. "We did it." She said as she hugged him tighter.
"No you did it." Danny said as he pulled her into him. They stood there holding each other, taking it all in, as they slowly dissipated out of the dreamscape and back into reality.