Chapter 2(Edited)

She continued dragging me till we reached the dimly lit backyard. It was a spacious garden with a huge water fountain in the middle. There were many stone carvings lined up in the corners of the garden, depicting the modern art. All kinds of flower pots were lined up in a picturesque way, showing off different colour variations. Different shades of green were dominating the garden mostly.
Green! the colour brought me back the memories that I have been keeping buried deep down in my heart. The memories that brought a smile upon my lips yet an aching pain to my heart. The reason for the smile is her, and the pain that's been reverberating through my heart is because of the guilt that's been there because of the pain I've caused to her.
My sweetheart!!
"Isn't it romantic?" that screechy voice dragged me back to present. Bianca was currently standing in front of me, rubbing her hands up and down her arms, making it seem like she was feeling cold.
"yeah... but I would have liked if it was a little warmer," I said. She agreed with a sigh and massaged her arms increasing the friction a little more. I knew exactly what she was trying to do. She was trying to make me drape my jacket over her shoulders so that it would lead it to something more, romantic. Huh! I mentally rolled my eyes at her.

"So.... what else?" I asked leaning into the foyer, making it clear that I don't have the gentlemen gene in me. she was practically trying to suppress the glare that was forming.
"Nothing babe. I just wish the time we spent in Goa didn't ever come to an end, you know...." she sighed giving a dreamy look as if trying to remember those times or something. I maintained a blank look on my face. When I didn't reply for a while, she turned towards me, "don't you remember babe?" she asked. Of course, I remember. That summer weekend, last year, in Goa.
I was with my gang and Bianca showed up there with her friends, and we....you know, a couple of drinks and the rest is history. I don't regret whatever happened. Because nor it was the first time for me nor Bianca.
"look Bianca! you know exactly what happened. It was just a passing cloud and you got to stop hanging by it. I made it absolutely clear that time, that I want nothing else but a casual fling and that's what you agreed to as well, didn't you?" I said, losing my temper once again.
"But didn't you enjoy it sweety?" she stepped closer to me, she breathes fanning my cheeks. She was trying really hard to affect me, but she didn't know one thing, only one girl in the whole world can affect me in such a way, and she was not Bianca.
"honestly?" I asked, getting really tired of all this. she nodded. "No, I didn't" I walked away with it.
I walked back to the table where I was sitting with my dad. He was talking animatedly with his Personal Assistant, Mr Sharma. "Dad" I called. He turned to me and raised his eyebrows questioningly. Obviously, he was not expecting me to return so quickly.
"Raghu" his assistant greeted me. I nodded my head in acknowledgement and turned to my dad, "I wanna leave"
He sighed dismissively and turned back to his Assistant and started talking again. "DAD?" I raised my voice.
"WHAT son?" he too raised his voice but calmed back a little.
"I need to leave," I said in a loud whisper, we started to attract a little audience for ourselves, which is the last thing I needed for tonight.
He chuckled slightly, "You need to.... what? Did you get your period, son?" he started laughing humorlessly. Only a father like mine can make fun of his son and laugh at him.
I was about to come back at him when Mr Sharma interrupted, "Sir" my dad stopped laughing and turned to him, "I have to go back to the hotel anyway, I will take him with me. The main ceremony of the wedding is over anyway. It's just the after party, he can leave, I think" My dad looked at him for a minute and then nodded his head.
I was sitting in the black mustang on the passenger seat letting Mr Sharma drive us back to the hotel we were staying at. As much as I wanted to drive, I don't have a license to drive in this country whereas Mr Sharma has an international driving license. He is not just a secretary or a personal assistant to my dad, but more. Personally, I feel my father couldn't have been who he is without this man who is sitting beside me.
The car was filled with silence. It was uncomfortable, for me. I looked at him and I saw the same man, who was always there for me, whenever I was in trouble. Just like tonight he would save me from my dad's comebacks and be my saviour. He looked at me and smiled and returned his attention back to the road. A cold smile. Its weird to have silence filled in when I am with him. We always have something to talk about and never ran out of topics, at least we used to have. Everything changed, 2 years ago.
"Uh..... t-thanks" I stuttered
"huh? oh.. Its okay" he said and looked back to the road distractedly.
"H-how have you been?" I asked
"good" he replied. He was keeping the conversation short. I deserved it, maybe.
"I'm sorry, you had to do that for me..." he interrupted me,
"Its okay, That girl Bianca, I saw her. She was bothering you. Even I would have wanted to leave if I was you, which I would never be, though" he muttered the last part.
"T-that... I...." I stammered, what do I say when the man I looked up for my entire life, was pointing out something that I am not proud of.
"Don't worry, you don't have to answer me for anything" his words stung and with that silence engulfed the car again.
Damn. I know I screwed up. But this, this thing, behaving as if we are some bare acquaintances is so difficult. I know I made a huge mistake. Out of all the people, I hurt the only man who trusted me, two years ago and it still haunts me even tonight. I not only broke his trust but also broke his promise.
I promise you that I will love her and protect her all the time. My own words replayed in my head
"How is she?" I blurted out unknowingly. His head snapped to me. His eyes filled with anger. He turned his attention back to the road and his grip on the wheel tightened so much, that his knuckles turned white.
"Don't" he hissed through his gritted teeth.
Damn. There was no other moment than this when I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. I ran my hand through my hair. frustration building up again, "What? Now I can't even ask how she is?" I asked like a stubborn kid.
"No you can't" he snapped.
"Why?" I asked.
He let out a humourless laugh, "Why? you know why, or do you want me to remind you what you did" I remained silent. No, I didn't want him to remind me of my deeds. He took that as a No and remained silent. Anger started building up within me. I closed my eyes in an attempt to control my anger.
"just tell me she is fine" I whispered. "and I would never bring her up again" I could feel his intense gaze on me, I need to know. I need to know that she was fine despite all the hurt I caused her.
"She is as fine as she could get married in a month," he said. I snapped my head towards him once his words registered.
She is getting married. She is getting married! She is getting married?
He must have read the confusion on my face, cause he smirked, "Yes. you got that right. She is getting married"
"How?" I whispered.
"What do you mean how? Like everyone else gets married" he huffed and got down the car. I was so consumed in my thoughts that I didn't even realize that we reached our hotel.
I followed suit and walked up to him. I got hold on my emotions and wore the blank face/ emotionless face mask back on.
"Oh. So, congrats, I guess" he nodded and didn't even spare me a glance. "So when is the wedding? Not that I care but I would like to be of any kind of help. After all, I owe that much to you... and her"
He stopped mid-stride and turned to me and glared, "Look!" he said, venom spitting through his words, "She is MY daughter. I am pretty sure I can take care of her wedding. And If you really want to help, then you can stay the fuck away from her. I don't want to remind her of the past and stain her future" with that he walked toward the elevator. It's very rare for Mr Sharma to curse, and him using a foul word only meant that he was really in a very bad mood.
"May I know the name of the groom at least?" I asked as he stepped into the elevator, he turned back to face me,
"No you may not," he said and the elevator doors chimed close.
No way in hell I am staying away from her. not after hearing about this. She can't marry anyone else. Her dad might not want to tell me who the hell she is marrying but I will find out. And I will make sure that this wedding does not happen.
She was mine and she still is!