Chapter 5(Edited)

She pulled away from me, not even after a second being in my arms. It hurt, to see her pull away, like that. But I fastly covered it with a smirk. "So, what do you want my help with, sweetheart?"

She walked back towards her computer desk and sat on the revolving chair, keeping a distance between us. I rolled my eyes at her. "I wont bite you, you know that right"

"I do" She agreed tilting her chin up.

"yeah! I can see that" I said motioning the distance between us.

"Its for the best. I don't want you to get distracted, which you have been, since you entered this room" She said crossing her hands, protectively over her chest.

"well, just to enlighten you, sweetheart, I have been distracted since I laid my eyes on you" she was about to come back at me. I interrupted her, "lets get started, Whats been bothering you?" I asked in complete seriousness.

"well, Papa..." she paused, taking a deep breathe, "he has been getting threat calls recently. Someone is threatening him to death"

"What?" I asked. Who would want to kill Mr. Sharma. He doesn't even hurt a fly. "Are you sure?" I asked

She nodded, her face trying hard to mask away the sadness. "In the beginning, it was just a few phone calls. but today, a few of them showed up" she got up and walked to the window. "Thats how I came to know. Papa didn't tell me anything about this. I was just about to leave for college, and,..." her voice turned heavy. "I got so scared. They were threatening him. They said, they wouldn't let him live and after his death, they would take me and..." I didn't need to hear the end of it. I couldn't. I closed the distance between us and pulled her closer to my heart.

Her head hit my chest, with the force I used. she tried to move away but I held her in place. I needed to hold her. I needed to make sure that she was safe. She was on the verge of tears and I couldn't let her cry. After a few futile attempts of trying to get away from me, she finally gave up and let her head fall back on my chest and sobbed.

"How could they.... they said they will kill him if he doesn't listen to them..." she sobbed and buried her face in my chest.

Here she was crying, worrying about her father and I being an a*s I am, am feeling happy that she finally gave in.

I smirked. Well! That didn't take long before I made her lean into me, again.

Selfish I know, but if her being sad means that she would fall right into my arms then I dont think I will be minding it too much.

She pulled back from me. The smirk wiped off completely and an sobered look replaced. Her eyes huge and a little pout from those pink lips, did she even know that she was giving me that irresistible puppy dog look.

Things have definitely changed. I am not eight anymore. I am a grown man. This look of hers is now doing things to me.

"Im scared" she admitted after staring for a while. As if she was having an inner battle in letting her feelings show.

"All I'm gonna say is, you will never have to deal with those 'pathetic excuses of men' ever again in your life. Ever."

With that I jumped out of the window, just like I used to when I was a kid, but landed a little more gracefully. A lot has changed.

I looked up. A smirk forming on my lips when I saw Pari leaning against the window and looking at me.

A lot has changed. But some things never change. She is still so damn crazy for me just like old times.