KNOCK KNOCK 05

A week has passed. I've been very busy at university. Thinking about the previous encounter I had with Yulyen, I impulsively bought a skateboard the next day. Well, now that I know that there's a skate park nearby, I guess I'll check it out— but I'm very shy to...

I'm very hungry. I should eat by now but I can't drop this project for a while or else I'd lose my momentum— what the heck?

A doorbell?

As I glide my swivel chair staring on my way to the door, I paused for a while and thought about the recent events that went by throughout the past weeks. Both ends of my lips lift upwards at the thought. Who could it be? I stood up from my chair and pushed it back to my study table. I slowly made my way to the doorstep, and turned the knob open.

"Hi," a woman much taller than me greeted me with her infamous straight face. The visual making me still gasp in awe despite the many times I saw her on television.

"Kwangbae, a way more fancier greeting must have been nice!" a cheerful girl sporting a shoulder-length hair appeared behind her.

"Oh come on, she'd be weirded out more if we've done that. Look at her she's staring at me..." the purple-haired woman looked at me with her eyes narrowed at my seemingly weird stare.

"That's because you're very pretty..." I just mumbled quietly. Chaeyeon observes me and her companion's unusual encounter. She finally laughs boisterously at the awkward silence that filled the atmosphere. I was immediately brought back to my senses.

"Oh! Yeah right! Welcome Unnies!" I smiled at them cheerfully. "Would you like to go in— what the?" I felt Kwangbae's hand grip my arm firmly.

"Where are you dragging me—" I ask nervously though it was obvious that I was being dragged to a car. Chaeyeon opened the front passenger seat and Hyewon pushed me inside. She then walked over to open the door to the back seat where she settled and Chaeyeon hopping in to the driver seat simultaneously. I just stared straight into the road.

"Buckle up. We're gonna go resto hopping," Hyewon tells me feeling like an order, as she placed a hand on my shoulder, leaning her body forward to let me hear it clearly. My body automatically reached for the buckle.

"Hit it Chaeyeon."

"Yes ma'am," Chaeyeon finally shifts gears, and sped off swiftly on the road.

~*~

"Oh my gosh my belly's sure to explode sooner or later," I gasp as I saw the first food establishment we stopped by. We entered the store, and was greeted by the chef. We sat on the bar stools where we got an exclusive view on how the variety of foods were prepared. I just watched as Hyewon expertly scans the menu and orders anything her eyes finds interesting on.

While waiting, I watched the chef skillfully working his way through the small kitchen. Not too long after, hot bowls of ramen were served in front of us.

"Itadakimasu!" we finally digged in. "Oh~" we hummed in delight as we sipped the savory broth of the famous ramen.

"Next up! Tonkatsu!" Hyewon exclaimed as we entered a new place not far from where we first ate. Now it really feels like resto hopping. While waiting for our order, I couldn't resist sharing a piece of my mind.

"Hyewon-unnie, you really know a lot of hot places huh," I asked her as a I leaned forward on the table.

"Well, research is the key. At this era there are a lot of good places coming up, you can't get enough of checking everything out," she answered like an expert.

"Woah, you know what Unnie, you should create a blog of your food trip. I wouldn't mind if you do something aside from promoting in IZ*ONE. You could be a gourmet, just exploring around and looking for great food spots," I suggested.