{Favorite Comfort Chair} Part 1

"You done?" Nishio asked as he watched Kaneki eagerly gobble up the last of the arm from the package.

Kaneki nodded, blood smeared around her mouth and on her nose. "Mhm!" She managed through a mouthful of flesh as she finished chewing. "Thank you Nishio-Senpai, that really helped.."

   "Yeah," Nishio hummed as he took the empty wrapping from Kaneki before handing her a handkerchief to wipe her face, "don't mention it. After all, I'm just repaying a favor."

Kaneki took the handkerchief from the taller ghoul and began to wipe the blood from her chin and nose. After wiping the last of the splotches of crimson off of her chin, the heavily pregnant ghoul looked up at her senior with wide eyes, curious and shimmering with slight worry. "W-what favor, Nishio-Senpai?" She squealed hastily, scrambling to pick herself up from the chair and to clean up the mess around her. "Y-you aren't in debited to me—!"

   "Yes I am," Nishio mumbled, raising a hand to stop Kaneki from bending over to wipe the blood from the floor. Taking a step closer to the younger ghoul, Nishio stretched his arms out and gently pushed Kaneki back into the chair. "I owe you for saving Kimi from Tsukiyama," he replied as Kaneki's question hung in the air. "So sit back down."
Frowning at the other ghoul to sit down, Nishio watched with his arms crossed  over his chest as Kaneki wilted under his gaze and complied, slowly settling herself back down onto Hide's armchair. Sighing, the light haired man knelt down and began to scrub at the floor, trying to get the crimson stains off the polished wood.

Kaneki watched as Nishio scrubbed the floor in Hide' study, rubbing the left lower half of her swollen abdomen absentmindedly with one hand and gripping the velvety arm of the chair with the other. 'I feel bad that Nishio-Senpai has to clean up my mess..' Kaneki gulped nervously, making the slight movement to get up once more.
    "N-Nishio-Senpai.." Kaneki began nervously, slowly lifting herself back up and out of the chair. "Please l-let me take care of that.. I-it isn't right for a guest—"

    "I thought that I told you to sit down." Nishio hissed without needing to look up to see that Kaneki had stood up. "I don't need you to help."

Kaneki held herself up despite the trembling in her legs and shook her head. "I-I know," she mumbled. "But... I-it isn't right for m-me to sit back while m-my guest c-cleans up my m-mess!"

"I told you, Kaneki," Nishio said slowly as if speaking to a child, and in a way, he was. "I owe you, so let me at least clean this up."

"It doesn't matter if y-you owe me! I should s-still be cleaning instead of my g-guest!"

"There's no point, I'm almost done cleaning anyways."

Kaneki sighed and began to chew on her lower lip, another nervous tick of hers that she had developed over the years. She found it much easier and safer, at times, instead of voicing her worry. Slumping back down in the velvety chair, the heavily pregnant ghoul grumbled under her breath and pushed out her chewed up lips in a pout. "Even so..." she mumbled. "Even if you owe me, I should still help.."

"Kaneki," Nishio shook his head with a grin as he slowly straightened up and stood on his feet, dusting himself off from nothing in particular and tossing the bloodied handkerchief over his shoulder and into the boy behind him. "That mindset of yours is what gets you in trouble all the time."

Kaneki huffed and crossed her arms over her chest, frowning ever so slightly as Nishio rolled up his sleeves lazily and settled down on the left velvet arm of the chair, draping an arm around her shoulders with a grin.