{In Which Kaneki Tries To Have Normal Cravings} Part 1

"Do you want the strawberries or the watermelon, 'Neki?"

"W-watermelon, please."

"Sure thing, babe! Anything else I should pick up before coming home?"

"Coffee?"

"And sugar cubes?"

"Y-yes please.."

"Got it!"

"Thanks, Hide.."

"No problem 'Neki! I'll see you soon then,"

"Y-yeah..."

"Love you, Kaneki."

"Love you too, Hide."

Nagachika Hideyoshi sighed as he hung up and turned off his phone. Leaning back in the chair in his office, Hide crossed his arms behind his head and glanced up at the ceiling. "I wish that time would just hurry up a bit.." he muttered. "I gotta get home!"

"Who were you talking to, Nagachika-Kun?"

Hide looked to the side and a wide grin spread across his face. "If it isn't Ihei-Chan!" He greeted happily with a small wave. "What's up? Did Arima send you?"

The cherry haired woman shook her head. "No," she hummed with a small smile of her own. "I came because I heard you talking."
Ihei looked Hide straight into the eyes and tilted her head, her arms crossed behind her back and fingers laced. "And," she said, her tone singsong like, "I was wondering who you were taking to."

Hide blinked for a moment at the special investigator. "Huh?" He asked, genuinely confused. "Why would you wonder a thing like that?"

Ihei shrugged, "Just a because,"

Chortling, the light haired investigator grinned widely at his coworker. "Ah well," he replied happily, "I was talking with 'Neki!"

"'Neki?" Ihei echoed, frowning slightly at Hide. "Who's that?"

The light haired investigator's smile faltered as he blinked up at the woman standing next to his desk. "What do you mean who's that, Ihei-Chan, of course you can't—" He trailed off as Ihei continued to frown at him, his face flaming. "A-Ah... Do you really not know..?"

"No?"

Hide covered his flaming face with his hands and whispered, "Kaneki..."