2

I woke up with my phone ringing nonstop. "Why?" I answered his call.

"You'll come at the practice? We can go to the arcade, we have time off tommorow for the Saturday game." I badly want to say yes.

"Sorry bro! I need to finish my project, and we also have practice." I hear silenced on the other side, he's thinking.

"Okay I'll drop you off later, don't bring your car." I'm selfish, I know.

"Okay, take care bro. Bye!" I ended the call. It's the first time I did that, he always the one doing it. Maybe he's wondering by now, but he doesn't care about small things.

My day goes by slowly. It's 55 minutes past 17, his practice is over and so is mine.

*beep*

Fr. Angel
Here @ the park bro. C u.

Funny ha, yes it's him. He insisted that I named him angel. He said he looked like one, I agree! haha okay okay I love him, you know. I'll do everything to see those smile on his face.

I jog to where his car is parked. I just nod at him and go inside. He keeps on talking but I just sit there with my eyes closed.

He even asked if I'm okay and if I want to go out tommorow since I don't have classes. I said no, that I want to rest and he should also for his game. I didn't even say goodbye properly I just get out of his car and wave.

I tried to sleep after taking a shower, too keep my thoughts from running. I'm tired of thinking about him.

The sun is shining brightly when I woke up. I look at the clock to see that it's already 1pm. I reached for my phone and see that he texted me. Asking if he did something and that I should wear the jersey that he gave. I replied, "Im fine, ok" and turned off my phone.

It's better to lie than to be silent. I want to be alone. I want him to stay away from me, cause I'm afraid of wanting more. The truth is I'm a little tired of ignoring him. I can't eat, I just want to sleep.

To forget for a little while, so I sleep all through out the day.

-

I woke up feeling energized, I'll confess today. Whatever the result is, I will have to accept it. I just hope that we still remain as friends.

I texted Saint that I'm on my way. I sat  far away from the field but I can still see him stretching, his jersey changed. He's wearing a black number 1.

He's looking around, maybe searching for me? I can assume a little, I'm the bestfriend.

They're game started, Mew's not on his usual self. He seems distracted. He keeps on missing points. Even his teammates notice that.

The coach pull him out of the game.

I texted him if he's okay, he looked around. I stand up and wave at him so he can see me. He smile and wave back.

"I thought you ditched my game. See you after,  I'll give something to you. I'll win this." I probably looking like a clown smiling at my phone after reading his text.

And true to his words they won the game by 2-1 marked. I waited for the people to decrease. A lot of them congratulating him. He's the captain after all.

He looks so happy. I want to see him like that, if forever really exist, I'll use that word.

I walked down the bleachers. "Congrats bro!" I tap Zee. High five Saint. I was shocked when Mew hugged me. "You stink bro, I'll wait at your car. Go!"  He laughed and throw me his keys.