A Thousand Wishes-Ben Walton (The Waltons)

From the show: The Waltons

You couldn't believe the day was finally here. You were going to be married to your childhood sweetheart, Ben Walton. You could barely sleep the night before from nerves, but also great excitement. When the sun began to peek over the horizon, you decided to head down to the pond to clear your head. You watched as the vivid colors eventually expanded across the sky, creating a perfect, pastel masterpiece. You jumped a little bit when you heard a twig snap, spotting a familiar, red-headed boy.

"Ben! You're not supposed to see me before the wedding," you reminded him.

"I know, but I just had to see you one last time before we're married," he responded, going to where you stood, the calm waters before you.

"You're not getting cold feet, are you," you checked.

"Maybe a little, but there's no one else I'd rather be married to. I love you, (Y/N)."

You melted from his sweet words. "I love you too, Ben Walton." He then wrapped his arms around your middle for a sweet kiss, both of you breaking apart abruptly when you realized you weren't alone.

"Hey, you two! No seeing each other before the wedding," shouted Mary Ellen.

"Oh, come on, Mary Ellen, it's not like he's seeing her in her wedding dress. Now that's bad luck," Erin emphasized.

"Still. I don't like it. Mama said she didn't see daddy on their wedding day until she was walking down the aisle." Mary Ellen had her arms crossed as she squinted her eyes.

"Okay, okay, we won't see each other no more," Ben surrendered, holding up his arms before you were both separated.

It wasn't too much later and you were already fully dressed in your white gown, Mary Ellen, Erin, and Elizabeth helping you get ready in their room.

Their mother, Olivia, lightly knocked on the door before requesting, "Is it alright if I come in?"

"Sure, mommy, we just got (Y/N) in her wedding dress," Elizabeth confirmed.

Olivia gasped a little when she saw you, her mouth hung open for a moment. "My, my, you look absolutely beautiful, (Y/N). I can't believe it's already your wedding day, and to our own Ben."

"Thanks, Olivia," you replied, close enough to the family that you were already on a first name basis with their parents.

"You ready? Everyone's waitin' downstairs," Olivia softly spoke, reaching for your hand.

"I'm ready." You gave her a weak smile, since you felt slightly nauseous from your tumultuous feelings.

It wasn't long until you were in the right place in front of their home, where the guests wouldn't see you. Ben was already standing next to the tree from their childhood. The minister, Reverend Matthew Fordwick stood beside him with a small, black leather bound bible in his hands. Soon the traditional music began, and you made your way down the aisle their father, John, had cleared for you. You could see the delicate flower petals that Elizabeth had already left, since she was the flower girl. The minute you saw Ben standing there in his nice, black suit, you couldn't help but feel a sense of calmness. No longer was your heart beating like a hammer, and your hands stopped shaking. Finally you stopped in front of your beloved, him taking your hands in his before the reverend started to speak. After your vows were exchanged it was time for Ben to kiss you. He carefully lifted your sheer, white veil before his lips perfectly fit against yours, the applause of your friends and family reaching your ears.

The reception was just as wonderful, filled with paper lanterns and the Baldwin sisters's drink with the special recipe for the joyous occasion. Your first dance with Ben couldn't of gone better, but it was nice when you were able to sneak off to a quiet place as the others took to the dance floor.

"This is the happiest day of my life," Ben told you, tenderly putting a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

"Mine too," you agreed, sharing another of many kisses with your new husband, the moonlight shining down on you as the stars twinkled with a thousand wishes for this moment.

A/N: Hey guys, this Ben Walton imagine was requested by my wonderful friend, Anna. I had a lot of fun writing it. I hope you enjoyed it. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you did. Thank you so much! (: <3 <3 <3