sorry doesn't fix it (r.k & e.h) pt. 2

orla
"orla, i love you" eli suddenly says. i don't know how to react. what do you even say when your best friend since birth says they're in love with you but you just found out that you were cheated on by his best friend and the lads who bullied you to no end in high school?
"eli.." i say, feeling sobered up a bit.
"i'm sorry i shouldn't have said anything." he apologizes.
"no, no it's okay. maybe we should just talk about this when we get home or in the morning?" i suggest. he nods in agreement and we head back inside.
i slide into the seat next to anais and i order smirnoff & more jäger shots while eli orders a pint. i down the 6 shots in no time.
"ok cowboy time to slow down." anais says.
"one more round of smirnoff?" i beg her. she nods.
i finish this round and after a few minutes, i can barely hold my head up.
"anais you're my best friend!" i slur, giving her a hug.
"come on, let's get you home." she pats my head.

anais
"can you guys help her up?" i ask josh and ryan.
"yeah for sure." josh says. they've only had a couple beers, so they're pretty much fine.
"here's the keys, sit her in the back seat with you two. me and eli will catch up, i just need to talk to him for a sec." i explain tossing ryan the keys.
"eli what the hell happened out there?" i ask him.
"i accidentally told her and i probably freaked her out!" he says, obviously stressed.
"well you'll have to explain yourself to her in the morning." i tell him.
"i know, i know." he rolls his eyes. we catch up to the other three and help them get orla into the car. i drop josh and ryan off at their places, then drive to eli's. we manage to get orla out of the car and to the house, which was a feat in itself but then of course eli's dad & the rest of the band are there. he opens the door, & he looks like shite. his hair is all messy, and he looks really tired.
"hey guys!" orla tried to wave to them.
i nervously laugh.
"she had too much jäger tonight." eli chuckles.
"let's get your shoes off." i say to orla while eli goes to talk to them.
"i said my show not my whole foot!" she tries to quote kuwtk. i laugh, and help her upstairs to her room.
"can you help me?" she says trying to take off her sweater. i toss her an old shirt and pull her turtleneck over her head. i toss her some shorts & she manages to put them on herself. i wipe her makeup off for her, and then put the blankets over her.
"i'll sleep in here in case you need anything." i explain to her. she nods. i make sure she's on her side, and then i leave her alone for a bit to talk to eli.
"she's sleeping." i say. he nods.
"ugh I'm so stupid." he shakes his head.
"just don't worry about it, and get some sleep." i tell him.
"you're right, goodnight." he says, and i go back across the hallway.
i get ready for bed, and as soon as my head hits the pillow, i'm out.

orla
i wake up with a massive headache & regret doing all those shots after eli said he loved me. obviously i love him too, but not in that way. just as platonic best friends.
"anais?" i ask groggily.
"hm?" she sits up., rubbing her eyes.
"i feel like shite." i slowly sit up. i swing my legs out of bed and book it to the bathroom. she follows me in, holding my hair back. i throw up a couple times, feeling a bit better afterwards, but my head is still pounding. anais and i get dressed & then we run into eli's room and jump on him.
"what the fuck?" he says waking up.
"morning." i laugh.
"we're going out for coffee, wanna come?" anais asks, standing up.
"sure." he nods, rubbing his eyes.
god i need to stop thinking. ever since he said he loved me, i can't stop thinking about him either.
i get off the bed & we go downstairs to wait for eli.
"how was last night?" ali asks, raising an eyebrow.
"too many shots." i laugh.
"i could tell! i bet you're not feeling the greatest this morning." she smiles.
"no not really, we're just waiting for eli then we're getting coffee." i say.
"oh, anais, you'll have to tell your dad to ring paul later today, he had said something about writing together?" ali says to anais.
"yeah for sure!" she nods.
eli comes trudging downstairs.
"morning baby!" ali gives him a hug.
"morning mum, it's too early to be getting coffee." he says, running his hands through his hair.
"well let's get going, then we can go to the mall or something after." anais says, tossing me my keys.
i drive us to my favourite coffee shop called Clement and Pekoe & of course Eli orders iced coffee. I get myself a black chai tea and a croissant while anais orders a mango and passion fruit tea.
"how have you never brought me here?" anais asks, and i shrug.
"she wanted to keep it secret." eli chuckles.
"noooo..." i smile, rolling my eyes.
after we're done our food we head to blanchardstown centre to do some shopping.
"i feel like you're accomplishing a lot for two hungover kids." anais says as we walk inside.
"i think i agree." i look at eli. i wonder if he's gonna say something or if i should say something first? maybe i'm making all this up?
"i'm gonna go to pandora, i'll meet you guys somewhere." anais says, winking before she walks away.
"so uh." eli says. this is so awkward, I hate it.
"i was thinking about what you said last night, and like i don't know if you want to be in a relationship or what, but if you want we can try." i ramble.
"oh, uhm. are you sure? i don't want to force you since i know you and rob just broke up..." he looks at me.
"no, i'm sure. if it doesn't work out, we can just go back to being friends, we don't even have to tell anyone if you don't want. it won't change anything." i assure him.
"i guess this is our first 'date' then?" he asks. i nod.

-a month later-

orla
"hey eli, i'm home!" i say putting my keys on the counter, and leaving my bag at the door. we decided to move into our own place, not far from bono & ali.
"hi darling! how was saoirse's?" he asks.
"so much fun, it was nice to have a week with the girls." he gives me a hug.
"that's good, i had a great week with the lads. i do need to talk to you about something though." he tells me. i already know what he's going to say, because i could tell before i left that things were kinda off.
"alright, what's on your mind? you haven't told anyone?" i sit on the couch.
"no, don't worry none of the lads know we're together. just anais still, but i was talking with rob, and he was practically begging me to talk to you about coming back. he's definitely changed i can see it in his eyes, y'know? if you don't want to go back to him, you need to tell him instead of leaving him hanging." eli explains. i nod. "and i understand if you go back to him, like we said no hard feelings & we'll always be great friends." he continues.
"you're right eli. i really miss him." i finally say.
"well, what are you waiting for?" he asks.
"i'm just worried i'm gonna get hurt again." i sigh.
"you won't." he assures me. i get up, hug eli & grab my bag.
"thank you, i'll call you in the morning." i smile.
"love ya kiddo, go get your man." he laughs as he closes the door behind me. i throw my stuff in my car & drive to rob's apartment across the city. of course this is my movie moment, it's raining & night time in Dublin City, heroes by david bowie is playing on the radio.
i practically run up the stairs of the apartment building & knock on the door.
"ryan i'm really not-" rob opens the door.
"hi." i manage to squeak.
"orla im sorry, again i know we haven't talked in like a month but really, please-" he starts but i cut him off.
"it's okay, i'm here to stay now. we're gonna work this out." i assure him. he nods, and hugs me tightly.
"i missed you so much." he says, kissing my head.
"i missed you too." i smile into his chest.

a/n: 1489 words! this is the last part to orla & robert's little story, hope you guys liked it! hopefully it didn't seem too rushed but i didn't want to drag it out. if you have any suggestions make sure you leave them in the comments as well <3