Chapter One: Sob Stories

Ripley

         Being sixteen, on your own, with no source of income is difficult for most people. I on the other hand can only dream of a world where my biggest worries have to do with money. Most people would call me lost, but that’s not exactly true. To be lost you have to know where you belong and I don’t even know that.

         My story is longer and more depressing that most people at the age of sixteen. Well, almost seventeen.

         Even when I was a little girl, still cute and innocent, my father was always a very unstable man. Both of my parents were witches, or as my dad prefered to be called, a warlock. I’ve never looked like my dad and he was always suspicious of it. When I was nine he swabbed my mouth and took a DNA test at the local hospital. The test assured him that he had been right all along, I was not his biological daughter. That night he finally got my mother to tell the truth. I remember sitting on my bedroom floor, my ear pressed up against the wall to hear what they were saying. What I heard I forever wished that I wouldn’t have. I was the result of an indiscretion, an affair with a younger man. My heart stopped when I heard him load his gun and scream at my mother. I raced out of my room and begged for him to stop. When I made the mistake of calling him dad he slapped me across my face and told me I had no right to call him that any longer. Then he killed he. Killed the women who dropped me off at school every morning and waited for my bus every afternoon. The women who stayed with me until I fell asleep again after I had a nightmare. the women who baked cookies when my friends would come over. Who helped me clean up after making mud pies in the woods outside of my best friends house. Who told me she loved me every morning when she woke me up and every night when she put me to bed after a story. I watched that women die, watched my mother die.

         In the few years that followed he made sure to tell me every chance he got how worthless I am and how much of a disgrace I was. When I was about thirteen I noticed that I was getting frighteningly stronger. I never took my ring off because for some reason my skin burned in the sun without it. I had this strange hunger that never went away. One night James, the man who was once considered my father, found out about this. At the time I wasn’t sure why but he brought a man home with him from work. He handed me a gun and told me that i I didn’t kill him that he would kill everyone I know. Scared out of my mind I did so after the man told me that he understood. The next full moon I got this weird feeling and then suddenly every bone in my body was breaking over and over again. I turned into a wolf. I don’t remember what happened after that but I woke up in the middle of nowhere without any clothes on. After that i was able to control it but if I wanted I could turn.

         The strange hunger grew as time went on and when I was almost fourteen I snapped. Sharp fangs came out of my gums rather painfully and I could feel my veins coming to attention under my eyes. When I penetrated the mans neck I couldn’t bear to stop. Out of nowhere some teenager pulled me off of him and stared into his eyes as he told him to forget what happened. As if under some spell he did just that and walked away as if nothing happened.

         I learned that the guy’s name was Samuel. He told me all about what I was. I was a hybrid. A combination of a witch, vampire, and werewolf. He told me why I had to wear my ring and how I could bend people to my will if I wished to do so and told me why I healed so quickly. Samuel explained to me why I didn’t have to turn every full moon and that I was one of a kind, the first of my species.

         My best friend Miller, got wind of this soon enough. As it turns out he came from a long line of werewolves.

         For mine and Miller’s fourteenth birthday we decided to go camping. Miller drove with my friend Lily in the passenger seat while Sam and I got the back. Everyone was singing along to the radio and being idiots. Miller wasn’t even supposed to be driving. A car was in the wrong lane and nobody was paying attention. They swerved to the side and ended up hitting the passenger side. Lily died on contact and Miller’s werewolf curse was activated.

         When I got back home James did the one this that I never thought he would do. He was waiting for me and the second I came through the doorway he injected me with a mixture of vervain and wolfsbane. I was so weak that I could barely resist when he dragged me to my room and tore my clothes off. That night the last of my innocence was stolen from me. When he was done and I was sobbing on my bed he took a wooden stake and stabbed me in the heart. I could barely feel it over the disgust I felt for myself and the man who I once called my father. But it didn’t kill me. It hurt like hell but it didn’t kill me. I almost wished that it would have. After he made the realization that I couldn’t be killed he told me to get out of his house and never come back. I was so weak I’m not sure how I made it to Miller’s house.

         For the next few years The Tells’ family took her in. Living with her best friend was great but when she turned sixteen she got emancipated so she no longer had to rely on anyone to take care of her. Miller had already gotten permission so we decided to do some traveling.

         That’s where I am right now. A hotel room in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It’s a beautiful town but I can see the was brewing between the humans, werewolves, witches, and vampires. If I stay for very long what I am will ensure me a spit in the middle of this and I don’t want that.

The Blood That Binds Us (TVD & Originals Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara