The Wedding

On the day of the wedding, Trinity's and Tyler's parents were both in a tizzy. Workers from the hotel were running around on the beach trying to set everything up as the wind started to pick up and blew down everything that they tried to do. It was looking more and more like a storm was coming in, which meant they would have to move the wedding inside, which her mother was upset about.

Trinity, however, couldn't have cared less. It was her wedding day; she was getting married to the love of her life and nothing could ruin that for her. I was tasked with waking her up and moving her into the hotel room that she was getting ready in; I had volunteered mine since it was too big for my own good. She immediately crawled into my bed and she ordered room service and mimosa's while I tasked myself with waking up the rest of the bridal party.

"I'm getting married today." She said a smile spread wide across her face. I smiled; I loved seeing my friend so happy, and I was equally as excited to see her get everything that she deserved. "I'm getting married today!" She yelled standing up on the bed, then she ran to the balcony and yelled it one more time over the beach and ocean beyond. I laughed.

"Yes, you are." I said as she came running back into the room and jumped on the bed with me.

"I can't believe it's finally happening." She took my hands in hers.

"I can, you deserve the world, I'm so happy that Tyler is the one going to give it to you."

"He is my world." I smiled and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into my chest.

"I know." A minor pang of sadness crept its way into my heart in that moment, I had told myself that I would shove any thoughts of Henry deep into the depths of my mind and focus all my attention on my friend. I took a deep, shaky breath, and forced it back down. When I let her go, there was no trace of sadness on my face; only excitement.

"I know this day will come for you." She said cupping my face in her hand.

"And you will be right here with me." She nodded. "Now, mimosa's?" Trinity nodded.

Not long after I had ordered room service, more of the bridesmaids showed up along with the hair stylists and makeup artists. Trinity's mother showed up for a bit and immediately I forced a beer from the fridge in her hand to calm her down. Room service came and delivered the mimosa's and some breakfast pastries and hen we were all ushered into chairs, the shower, or to sit back and wait. Trinity was first; a hair stylist started working on her hair as she sat and sipped her mimosa. Together we talked about Tyler, and their future together. She inquired about some of the gifts; hoping she got a few of the ones she really wanted, and then we joked about the reception and the slideshow we had put together for her. Making sure she knew it was sure to be a huge embarrassment for both Trinity and Tyler.

A photographer came by and took some photos of us getting ready; our dresses all hung along with the window and we were all in matching bridal robes. The mother of the bride was present for a while before she left to go make sure everything was going according to plan, she came back with a drink in her hand.

As the final touches were put on Trinity's face and hair, someone came to the door and told them that the sun was coming out and the wedding would be able to take place on the beach as they had wanted. Trinity's mother almost fell over with relief, but Trinity just smiled and said; "Told you today would be perfect."

And so, it was.

The beach held an archway near the water with ribbons and flowers decorated along with it, the aisle was lined with seashells and the chairs were white with little programs held down by sand dollars. Everything was perfect, and it was beautiful. The groomsmen were dressed in tan pants, white shirts, and suspenders. Flowers were pinned to their chests. I was one of the last bridesmaids to walk down the aisle. We all wore pastel-colored dresses of turquoise, like the ocean water, with strapless sweetheart necklines and matching Heilberg and Berk white necklaces and earrings. Our hair was done up in buns with curls hanging around our faces, and we all wore simple strappy white sandals.