Chapter 11- I wish...

Apparently the raid is false, so I'll keep on updating again!

Britain made his way to the usual spot he would go to when he couldn't sleep- the over arching tree and the stars. They kept him company, other than USSR of course. He was always there, always hoping that the Brit would join him every night, which is pretty much always the case.

"Hey Brit." He greeted him, smiling his usual smile.

"Hello again Sov." Britain replied, giving him a small small in return.

They stayed there for a few moments, taking in everything before them once again, as every night. But each night, the stars look more beautiful than before.

"Brit, I know this sounds stupid but..."

Britain faced him once again. By the look on his face, he was curious to know what he was going to say.

"Do you believe... in soulmates?"

Britain look taken aback for a moment, but his expression soon softened.

"Actually... no."

There was a change in the atmosphere. It became more tense and the air felt harshly cold against the Brit's skin, making him shiver violently. To Soviet he just felt the slightest bit of coolness wash over him, but it was still something.

"Brit are you okay?" He asked concerned at Britain's shaking, reaching to put a hand on his, but of course it would just go through him.

He paused there for a moment, retracting his hand, watching the Brit force him self to stop shivering and pull his hoodie over his head.

He couldn't do anything to stop him from getting out of danger.

He couldn't do anything to stop him from shivering.

He couldn't protect him nor keep him safe.

Was he...

Useless?

"I... really am just a ghost." USSR whispered, facing the ground.

"Sov? No no, you're-" Britain started, but he couldn't hear anything else.

It was all muffled.

USSR suddenly felt a single tear roll down his cheek and land on ground, where it disappeared with a small puff of smoke on contact.

Sadness? He'd never expressed such emotion before. He had always kept it inside, not daring to show anyone else what he was really feeling, not even his children. But... this felt different. He was actually crying in front of the Brit, but now he didn't care. Why? Why did he feel this way? Why won't anyone answer him?

He felt another, and then another. It turned into streams. His eyesight was getting foggy, but all that stopped when he was suddenly met with a slight warmth on his arm.

"Sov please don't cry I don't want you to feel this way because of me!" He heard the Brit say, getting closer and closer.

"But... what if I want to cry?" He asked. It felt... good. He never thought he'd be saying this, but somehow, it felt like the best thing in the world- like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

He saw the Brit let go of his arm to think about what he said.

"...Of course. Why would I say no?" He said finally, giving him a reassuring smile.

USSR smiled.

You can express your distress as little as possible, hiding away the tears that want to leave so bad, but when those tears have had enough, you have to let them go. He finally understood why people would tell him that crying was good for you. It felt amazing. Weird, but amazing.

After a while, he looked at the Brit, wiping away his tears. He was looking at the stars.

"Hey, look! A shooting star! Quick, make a wish!" Britain suddenly said, pointing at the spot in the sky in which it was happening.

"What if it doesn't come true?" USSR asked.

"I'd like to hope it will." He replied.

"Fair enough. What do you wish for?"

"Hmm, I don't know... you wish first." Britain turned to Soviet, who just shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I haven't seen my children in a such a long time and I kinda want them to know I'm a ghost. It just feels wierd knowing that you can still see them but they can't see you." He said, almost mumbling. He expected a different reaction from the Brit, but instead, saw him stand up and start to walk away.

"Wait where are you-?"

"We're going to see them tomorrow, I'll get them to believe me somehow."

"But what about your wish?"

Britain stopped to turn around and look him dead in the eye.

"I wish that your wish comes true."

==========

A/N

==========

Hiyya:D

Sorry I haven't uploaded in ages, just had some stuff on my hands for quite some time!

Hope you don't die from old age before finishing this god forsaken book

Bye my lovelies!

X