• part 3 •

i woke up to violet shaking me, hard.

     "oh my gosh, what do you want!" i whined while throwing my pillow at violet.

     she giggled and batted the pillow away, "today's saturday duh! we gotta go do something"

     "yeah yeah, fine but just tell me if you see draco at all ok?"

     "draco? why're you out of all people trying to find draco?"

     "he took my notes in class yesterday and i wasn't able to get them back" i answered as i rolled my eyes "i was planning to ask him to give me them today if i saw him at all"

     "ohhh okay, yeah makes sense that he would do that" violet agreed.

     "yeah exactly, so you wanna go to hogsmeade in a bit?"

    "yeah of course! now hurry up and get ready"

                                         •
     the chill in the air was noticeable as delaney, violet, and i walked towards hogsmeade. these days are the days i love. hanging out with my bestfriends and not worrying about anything else. well, almost anything else. my notes are still with draco.

     "y/n? where on earth are you right now!" delaney joked.

     "huh? what do you mean? i'm right here" i replied, snapping out of my train of thought.

     "no i mean that you looked like you were on another planet silly" she chided.

     "oh sorry- i was just thinking"

     violet looked over at me, "wait y/n is that draco over there? you should go talk to him"

     i looked over in the direction she had seen him, and there he was. draco was standing by honeydukes with some of his friends, looked like crabbe, goyle, pansy, and some other girl i've never seen. i turned my head back to my friends and saw them looking at me, waiting for me to go over to draco.

     "i mean i guess i'll go, he's with some people though" i didn't say it but i was nervous to go over there with all his other friends there. and maybe i was a little nervous to go talk to draco.

     violet rolled her eyes, "who cares? just go get your notes back"

"fine i'll go" i complained, "i'm not sure how long it'll take so i'll just meet up with you guys in a bit"

i walked towards where draco was standing, listening to pansy animatedly tell a story. he saw me getting close and motioned to pansy to stop.

"y/n, fancy seeing you here" he drawled

"yeah crazy, do you have my notes with you?"

"me? why would i ever take your notes" he faked surprise, " you know very well i wouldn't ever do that"

that made his friends snicker at me, and made my face heat up. i wanted this to be over already.

"can you just give me my notes back please. i really need them"

draco looked down at me and told his friends to go somewhere else. his friends gave him a look and walked away, leaving draco and i alone- almost. but then he motioned for me to follow him, going behind the building.

"maybe i have them" draco said while stepping closer, "maybe i don't"

"draco..."

by this point we only had a few inches of space between us, and my heart was absolutely racing. draco moved his hand and put it on my throat, causing my head to move up, looking him in the eyes.

he smirked at me, a smile playing on his lips. the same ones i was so, so close to, "interesting... i must admit i didn't expect that" draco mused.

"wha- what do mean" my eyes wide

"i can feel your pulse, it's going quite fast"

lying, i said , "i don't know what you're talking about"

"y/n you can't pretend, especially not right now. in fact, why don't i test something out." he whispered.

     i didn't have time to ask what he was going to test out, cause he cut me off with a finger to my lips. he stepped even closer and i backed up. again, he went closer and i tried to back up again but i couldn't, i was pressed up to the wall. he took his hands and placed one underneath my chin, tilting my head up. the other hand held one of my arms against the wall, pinning me. by this point i could barely even stand; my legs were shaking so hard.

     draco closed the distance and pressed his lips on mine. i closed my eyes and froze in place, hesitating. but after a moment i kissed him back and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him even closer.

     suddenly he pulled away, with a huge grin on his face. "i knew i was right. you can't resist me"

     "what! no i don't even like you!" i sputtered, mouth agape.

     "sure you dont" draco smirked as he walked away, "next time y/n"

     "you didn't even give me my notes back draco malfoy!"

     he didn't respond and just kept walking, leaving me alone, for real this time. i stood there against the wall for a minute. what on earth just happened? it's not like he was my first kiss or anything, i've kissed a few guys before, but never like that. i don't even like him!

     i have no idea how i'm supposed to tell violet and delaney what just happened- maybe i won't. i'll have to tell them eventually of course. i started walking back to my dorm, mind running a hundred miles an hour.