• part 6 •

of course, my curiosity got the better of me. i knew i would end up going to the room of requirement to meet draco. but first there was the hufflepuff vs ravenclaw quidditch match. my house is mediocre at the sport, we don't normally get the absolute last place but we haven't won a championship in a while too. i still has a little bit of time before it started so i set out to go find my bestfriends.

i found violet with some of the other ravenclaws, laughing at a story being told. she told me that delaney had already gone up to the quidditch field with some gryffindor friends. that left me and violet to get ready. we went into our dorm and each started doing our thing. i could hear violet debating which outfit to wear while i brushed my hair. i had painted my nails earlier in anticipation, putting in an effort to look nice. i don't normally wear makeup but i found myself putting on some mascara and light lipgloss.

i told myself it wasn't to look good for when i saw draco, i don't know if i believe myself.

"hey violet, draco wants to meet me in the room of requirement after the game" i tried to casually say to hopefully lessen the chances of her making a scene.

surprisingly calm she asked, "wait- did he tell you why?"

"nope he didn't. i'm hoping it's nothing bad"

"you know what, i think you like him"

i sputtered and set my hairbrush down, "what no i don't-"

"yes i think you do" cutting me off before i could protest more, "one, you just put on makeup. two, you're blushing right now, and don't try to pretend you aren't"

i realized she was right as i looked in the mirror and saw my face looking like a whole tomato. ok maybe she was right, but that's not the point. "let's just go to the game so we aren't late" i changed the subject quickly.

     violet agreed and we made made our way down to the field. the house colors were prominent in the crowd of students laughing and talking. i saw delaney up in the stands with some of the other ravenclaws. i motioned to violet and pointed to where i saw delaney. we went up and she encased us with a hug.

"hey! i saved spots for you guys"

violet and i thanked her and sat down. the game started off with hufflepuff in the lead. i didn't care much for the game so i let myself read my book. i could hear cheering from the hufflepuff side and mine too. lost in the fantasy land in my book i didn't notice the quidditch match was done until delaney was pulling me to my feet.

     "we won!" delaney yelled to be heard over the loud ruckus. i replied with a cheer and hugged her and violet. people started clearing out of the stands, hufflepuff congratulating the ravenclaws. as we made our way to the courtyard i started getting nervous, i would be seeing draco in only a little bit. violet looked over at me and could tell i was getting nervous.

     "why don't you start walking to the room of requirement so you aren't late" violet said to me, "i'll explain to delaney why you had to leave if that's ok with you"

     "ok, yeah that sounds good"

     i peeled off from the group and started heading in the direction of the room of requirement. ive been there once or twice with my friends and both times they picked what the room would be, so i hope draco gets there first cause i have no idea how i choose that.

     i reached the hallway with the room of the requirement and luckily no one was around. most likely, people were still celebrating the ravenclaw win. i crept over to the door and slowly pushed it open, looking inside. my eyes took in the scene, it looked like a forest. there were trees spaced throughout the clearing. a soft glow of light shone through the leaves of the trees. the thing that caught my attention next was a lake. there was a lake, maybe closer to a pond, in this little forest thing.