F I F T E E N

Chapter 15

"Hey loves! How was Selma?" My mother questioned opening the door for Dae'Shawn, Prince, Breonna, and I to walk in.

Prince smacked his lips and eyed me."We didn't even finish it"

"Why not?" Mama asked walking past us and into the kitchen while we followed close behind.

"Cause Kamorin ole' bighead, crybaby ass was crying and the whole damn movie" Prince said then mugged me.

"Hey! That movie was sad. Everybody was crying in the whole movie theater." I protested and Prince shook his head.

"No they weren't!" Dae'Shawn said.

"They really weren't, K" Breonna chimed in and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever man" I sighed and my mom came and draped her arm around my shoulder and I laid my head on hers."Y'all leave my baby alone."

"Thanks mama" I kissed her cheek and she laughed and pushed my head away from her face.

"But anywhoo, are you excited K?" My mom asked looking over at me.

"Excited for what?" I asked confused.

"That your gonna be seventeen next week! Turn up" My mom said doing a little dance in her seat and I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess" I shrugged. It really isn't anything special about being seventeen it's not like I'll be an adult, or be able to drink.

"So do you have any ideas or anything for your party?" Mom asked and I shook my head.

"Nope, I just know I want it in New York at a club" I said and she nodded.

"I can call, Chasity" Mom said referring to a family friend that has been planning everything. She's planning Aunt Anayla's wedding and also planned my Aunt Anyce's wedding. And I nodded

"But why you so dressed up?" I questioned checking her out. She looked cute, with a white sheer crop top, white and black blazer, black skinny jeans, and Alexander McQueen pumps.

"Yeah, why are you so dressed up?" Prince co-signed.

"Cause I'm going out" My mom smiled.

"Going Out?" Prince shouted.

"Isn't that what I just said" My mom playfully snapped.

"Who are you going out with though" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"That is none of your business little girl" Mom said.

I narrowed my eyes at her."Foreal ma, where you going?"

"I'm going out with a friend, if you must know" My mom grinned.

"Who is she?" I asked wanting to know the run down on whoever she is.

"Her name is, Chantelle and I known her in high-school. She moved back to Brooklyn and wanted to link up, that's all" My mom shrugged

"Hold up" Prince said getting everyone's attention."Who the hell is Chantelle?" Prince asked confused.

"She's moms old friend from high-school" I explained and he nodded.

"And she just moved back to Brooklyn so she wanted to go out with her" I added.

"Nah, ion approve. You don't need to be going out this late anyways. It's almost eleven o'clock, man hell nah. You ain't going no where. So go take them clothes off and put back on your night clothes and go to sleep" Prince demanded making my mom burst out laughed.