Chapter 2

Hazel

No matter how much I tried reassuring Smith that he didn't have to come to the hospital. He insisted and now we were currently waiting for Levi's guardian to show up. Smith seemed rather happy that I have called him to ask for Levi's guardian contact.

I believe Smith and Levi are friends as they hang around with the same group of friends, but I was not sure of that.

Smith was very inquisitive about the situation and kept asking me questions about it while I tried minimizing sharing the information with him.

He figured out soon that I was hesitant to speak much about the incident, so he decided to change the topic.

"How is your weekend going?" He asked casually.

"So far okay." I shrugged nonchalantly. "How about you?" I asked. Although, I was least interested about his weekend but I felt like I should ask him back.

"I was at a party." He said.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you." I apologize again.

"You didn't. I'm glad you called me." He give me a dazzling smile. I must admit that Smith is very charming and handsome.

His brown hair was cut short that suit his beautiful face. His brown eyes glowed brightly as he stared at me with a smile on his face.

I was glad when a middle aged woman showed up interrupting the awkward moment between up.

"Hello, you must be Hazel?" She asked.

The woman was beautiful. Her oval face looked pale as she looked at both Smith and I.

"Yes, ma'am." I said politely. "You must be Levi's guardian?"

"You can call me, Joanne." She said. "Any news about Levi?"

"I'm afraid not." I said to her. "They would like to share his condition with his family or guardian due to privacy reasons."

"Thank you for calling me, Hazel and...." She said and looked at Smith.

"Hello ma'am, I'm Levi's friend, Smith."

"Please call me Joanne. I'm so glad he have friends that got his back." She smiled warmly at us.

I give her a reassuring smile.

"You two can go ahead and call it a night." She said. "I'll be here."

"Are you sure?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes." She said. "Thank you for everything."

We then decided to say our goodbyes as Smith and I made our way to the parking lot. I was curious about why Joanne was here instead of his parents.

"Levi's parents travels a lot for business purposes." Smith answered my unspoken question as I nodded my head while processing the information.

"Thank you for coming over." I said to Smith as I tried to change the topic. I don't really want to hear about Levi's life from someone else neither do I want to know it personally from him.

I don't want to start a sudden friendship with Levi or make him feel like he owes me for saving his life.

"You can always call me if you need any help." Smith said as we stood near my car.