Prologue

The Seven Seas are filled with legends and myths that all of us have heard throughout generations. We've heard those stories as young lads; Davy Jones, the fearsome Kraken, mermaids and sirens, mysterious islands filled with treasures, but there are some stories that not many have heard about. You've probably never heard of ATEEZ, haven't you? Oh, they were quite a crew of pirates. One would even call them cursed. Oh, yes. 

         Everyone that knew of them --pirates, sailors and Navy soldiers alike-- could all agree that ATEEZ were something else. Legend has it that even their ship, the Atiny, was navigated by the Devil himself. The Captain never had to lay a hand on the wheel and the sails would just did their job without a single man handling them. They were not men, they were monsters.

          On board, they had a tattooed witch that could read your heart and mind, three gunners that made a deal to gain superhuman senses --the eyesight of a hawk, the hearing of a bat, and the voice of a siren--, the Quartermaster could sense men's souls from miles away making him unstoppable in battle, one of their Boatswain that could communicate with animals, and the Cabin Boy that could crush a man's skull with a single flex of his fingertips. The damned witch even had his little devil spawns frolicking about on deck. They were both demons dressed as pets. A black cat and a smiling dog. That damned smile... I don't even wanna remember! It's like little the bastard smiles at the face of Death! 

          But their Captain... Kim Hongjoong... Just saying his name out loud is enough to make anyone piss their pants. He was Calypso's favorite servant. She had him to do Her special missions. Beats me, nobody knows what sort of missions exactly, but I'm sure it was to keep Her precious island safe. Utopia.

          It is said that only Aurora's Children --some folks call 'em Emerald People 'cause of their eyes-- could enter, anyone else wouldn't live to tell the tale. Captain Kim could come and go as he pleased 'cause he was one of those "people". One of Her precious children. I've heard that they are all cursed with feeding off of human flesh for the rest of their lives. Calypso keeps them alive until She gets tired of them or they don't serve Her any purpose anymore.

          Did you know that just a single one of those sea-green eyes could earn you a fortune for three life-times in the market? I swear this is true! My great-great-great grandfather once hunted down one of those fuckers and sold his eyes for a large sum! Of course I'm not bluffing! Look at this ring! That's a real sapphire, like the ones worn by royalty! My great-great-great grandfather had enough silver and gold to buy such a beauty as you can see with your stupid eyes.

          Huh? You wanna hear more about ATEEZ? You've come to the right place! Don't tell anyone but... I just so happen to know a few things on how the crew came to be. Come! Sit down while I order a round for us! Yes, so their origin story begins with Kim Hongjoong; an Aurora's Child...

________________________________________

A/N: Hi! This is my first ATEEZ fanfic I'm really excited! The first chapter will come out soon.

If you noticed the inconsistencies in the narrating of the prologue, good job! I did it intentionally for the story! It will get cleared up with future chapters, I promise.

There are a few things I should clear up. I made up many of the terms, characters, magic, and the world inside this fanfic. I took inspiration from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, as well as stories and legends I've heard or read about. I was also heavily inspired by other ATEEZ Pirate AU fanfics I've read and I came up with my own set of ideas.

Now that that's out of the way, please enjoy!!