Chapter 16 - Fire Wolf 🔥🐺

To all of you who wanted to know what goes on in a fictional wolf's mind.

- JJ

--------

I watched through my human's eyes as we run. The vast evergreen moving in a blur as we zipped passed with great speed, the wind moving through my fur. My fiery red fur now had black on the tip of my tail and my left paw since Lyca mated my human.

I was sad mate lied to us, but it was for our own good . That didn't mean he was out of the clear , my human - who I liked to think of as my pup - was just overreacting but I was still angered by his insolence , I was far from weak even without a weapon.

Melanin was special , stronger than all the other mages I had been with hopefully she doesn't turn evil like the last mage. I shuddered thinking about him.

We stopped at a nearby creek for a drink. Running for more than an hour can really take a toll on a wolf .We lapped up the water quickly.

" Can we rest for a while . Please" , my pup pleaded.

" Of course honey". Just then the putrid smell of stale blood and decay flooded my senses.

" Rouge Wolves and ...... Vampires " , she spat out but sounded confused at the vampire part.
They surrounded us , in all they were about fifteen in total. The wolves bared their teeth at us looking like the rapid scum that they are.

" Come with us and we can make this easy for the both of us", the lead vampire said. Like I would ever give myself up willingly.

" Shall we " , my pup snarled ,a determined look on her face. We were not going down without a fight .

We circled each other trying to find each others weak spots. After some time the first rouge lunged aiming for my hind leg, trying to immobilize me. I dodged causing him to bite on dust. 

I managed to land a blow or two, I ended up killing two of them without any problem. They seemed a little stronger than usual for a rouge.

They ganged up on me , I was outnumbered.
" Chàri we have to use our powers ", she said in a panicked voice.

I concentrated, scorching five rouges causing their fur to burn. They let out a whimper as the smell of burning flesh lingered in the air. They tried jumping into the creek but were surprised when the flames grew stronger.

I was panting by the time I was done with them. I looked around making sure the coast was clear before allowing my pup to shift back into her skin as I retreated into the depths of her mind. We were still clothed.

She took a step forward before a sharp pain erupted at the back of her head. I watched in horror as black dots started clouding her vision. I had to do something and fast.

"Vamps... captured help ", I managed to send to Lyca as we both succumbed to the growing darkness.

                                                    🌒

" When ... wake up" , we managed to pick up.

" Pretend to be asleep ", I warned her. We needed to gather as much information before we think of an escape plan.

" The King would be happy when we bring her , the other one wasn't much help". What do they mean by ' other one '. And which king at they talking about.