[18]

Chapter 18 - Pt. 2

"I have a bad feeling about this.." Jessie says standing behind the bar, with arms crossed to her chest, looking at Jisoo who surprised her by coming in the evening and ordered her usual drink directly without greeting, which she's already in the process of drinking her fifth glass!

-"About what?" Jisoo asks indifferently, without looking away from her drink.

"This!" Jessie answers pointing with both hands at Jisoo state in dramatic fashion.

Jisoo doesn't answer her and just rolls her eyes and takes a sip.

"Really! I think I jinxed you. I mean, It was only a few days ago when you were looking your best, what is this now?" Jessie remarks, resting her hands on the edge of the bar.

Jisoo looks up at her, puts the glass down, and then remains silent for a while before answering, "Nothing Jess. I'm just trying to spend some time alone.. with myself."

Jessie sighs in despair, and before she answers, some guys come to the bar and she walks away from Jisoo to serve them and see their requests.

As she slides their drinks in front of them, she notices Jisoo pointing to her with her hand towards the glass indicating her to pour another one for her.

She rolls her eyes, and goes to fulfill her request.

"That's it. Spill the beans, who did you break up with this time?" Jessie inquires after she put the refilled glass in front of Jisoo, causing Jisoo to pull a face at her as she takes the glass.

- "What? You're talking as if I'm dating different people day and night." Jisoo deadpans and takes a sip from her drink.

Jessie remains silent as she stares at Jisoo with a knowing look and follows in a soft tone,

"Not like that! It's just.. the only time I saw you in this state was when you broke up with your boyfriend."

She gives her a warm smile, and turns away from her to see others' orders, making Jisoo silently staring into the void as she processes what Jessie had told her and thinks about it.

Is it really the same?

Yes, she remembers the night that she broke up with Jin Young. Yes, she came here and started drinking too. Yes, she was feeling bad but.. is it really the same?

No. Not at all.

This's different.. completely different.

Now that she thinks about it; what she was feeling at the time is nothing compared to what she is feeling right now.

This is Jennie at the end.. her Jennie.. her cat-eyed Jennie.

She closes her eyes tightly as she kicks out these thoughts, lifts the glass and gulpes down a big sip of it.

. . . . . .

"This is your share of the profits." Matthew says as he puts a thick envelope on the medium table in front of the other man and leans back on his seat as he stretches his arms across the back of the sofa.

The man leans forward, takes the envelope, opens it, and looks at the money inside.

"Not exactly what we expected." Matthew adds.

- "What? Why?" The man asks as he looks at Matthew with surprise, sounding displeased.

Matthew lifts off one of his arms and points his index finger around them, indicating where they are, and follows, "This club. we lost the possibility of dealing out in this club."