Chapter one

Wen Chao stopped over the mountain. He spoke, "Wei Ying, do you know where this is?" He sneered, "This place is the Burial Mound."

Hearing the name, a burst of cold air climbed up Wei WuXian's spine and to the back of his head.

Wen Chao continued, "Burial Mound is right in Yiling. You Yunmeng people have probably heard of its name. It's a mountain of corpses, an old battleground. If you find a spot anywhere on the mountain and stab your shovel into it, you'll be able to dig out a corpse. Any nameless nobody will be thrown into here as well. Gues what we're going to do with you."

The sword array descended slowly, approaching the black peak.

Wen Chao hissed, "Look at the dark air. Tsk tsk tsk, the hostile energy is so strong, isn't it? And the resentful energy is thick, isn't it? Even us at the Wen Sect weren't able to do anything about it. We could only surround it and prevent people from going in. This is still day-time. At night, really anything can be found there. When a living person goes in here, both the body and soul, they cannot return, unable to get out for all eternity."

He grabbed Wei WuXian's hair. A grotesque grin spread across his face, he spoke one word at a time, "And you won't be able to get out for all of eternity either."

As he finished, he threw Wei WuXian down.

Aahhhhhhhh...!

As Wei Wuxian fell, his life flashed before him. He laughed while crying bitter tears. He was sorry for all the pains and disasters he had cause and was ready to meet his end. He did not fear death.

The closer he got to the hard black ground, the more his hope vanquished. He closed his eyes, thinking it would be the last. felt as if something was breaking his fall, 'What's going on?' He looked under him and saw the resentful energy trying to save him, 'Why is it trying to save me?'

He hit the hard ground and blood gushed out of his mouth. It was comforting to know he had fallen, and could not fall further.

His sight blurred as he lay in a pool of his own blood. He managed to choke out who words, "Thank..you", before closing his eyes for the final time.

Wei Wuxian was dead.

A figure watched as Wei Wuxian fell to his unwritten death. She had tears forming in her steel eyes, 'How did the world become like this?' She hurried to Wei Ying's dead body and carried him to her home.