003

Dark Birthdays

  Ranpo had walked to his home right after school and walked inside the building to be surprised by his friends and family saying Happy Birthday. Ranpo smiled brightly and giggled, "Woah!", He looked around to mark every friend that was there. He didn't see Poe there and tilted his head. Yosano sighed, "Poe's upstairs", She said before anyone else. Ranpo nodded and ran upstairs after saying 'Thank you' to everyone. 

   Ranpo ran into his room and dropped his backpack. He looked around and couldn't find Poe. He pouted then jumped when he heard "Happy Birthday!", from behind him. Ranpo turned around and looked at Poe. Poe laughed nervously, "S...sorry!", he looked down. Ranpo hugged him, "It's fine! I'm just glad you're here!", Ranpo smiled brightly.

   Poe smiled calmly and hugged back, "You should go party with everyone..", He looked down and the smaller one. Ranpo huffed, "But I want to hang out with youuu!", He whined as he looked up. Poe chuckled nervously, "We'll hang out after the party... i'll stay the night if you want me to..", Poe ran his hand through the others hair, because he knew he liked when Poe did that. Ranpo leaned into Poe hand and smiled brightly, "Oki!" Ranpo smiled brightly again.

   They stayed like that for a couple moments. It was a nice moment for them. They were looking at each other, admiring each other, being close and holding each other. 

   It kept being like it until Poe pulled away in embarrassment. Ranpo frowned before walking out of the room and going downstairs. Ranpo and the others downstairs had fun and did everything you would do on a birthday. Poe heard it all going on downstairs and smiled every time he heard Ranpo's voice. 

   At the end of the day, when everyone left, Ranpo ran upstairs. Ranpo went into his room and looked at Poe. Poe was on Ranpo's bed, leaning on the wall, looking out the window. Poe turned a bit to look at Ranpo and smiled calmly. Ranpo went over and looked out the window, "What's so interesting about the outside?", He looked at Poe confused. 

   Poe sighed deeply and opened his arms out, "Let me show you, ", He said, with a calm smile. Ranpo shrugged and pressed his back against Poe's chest, Poe's arms wrapping around his body. Ranpo liked this comfort and moved his head to look at the outside world. Poe did the same. They stayed like this for a while. Ranpo didn't mind and didn't want this moment to end. Having to be so close to Poe was a nice feeling. Ranpo opened his eyes to get a better view of the outside. He could have sworn he had seen some color, and it made him relaxed.

   After about ten minutes during this, Ranpo had looked up at Poe and noticed something. Poe seemed not to want this moment to end just like Ranpo. But it was a different feeling. There was one thing that Ranpo knew though. 

Poe was hiding something from him.

A year passed

   Ranpo had found out what Poe was hiding, but it was too late when he found out. Poe had moved the exact day he found out. Ranpo hadn't felt the same ever since. He felt extremely sad, upset, angry, he felt all types of feelings. He knew he shouldn't feel all of these on this day. Though, he couldn't help it. Poe wasn't going to be at his party that night.