005

Chuuya saw Ranpo leave the room before punching Dazai in the gut. Chuuya leaves for France for a couple of months, and Ranpo's soulmate comes back. It didn't mean anything, but it upset Chuuya only a bit. He already saw how Yosano was walking home alone, that only happened whenever Poe and Ranpo started hanging out. 

   When Poe is around, it's like everyone else doesn't exist to Ranpo. That's what upset Chuuya, but he never showed it. Not even to himself. 

   Poe was the only reason why Chuuya and Ranpo didn't start being friends in the first place. Chuuya didn't hate Poe at all, but he was jealous of how much attention he got from Ranpo. It sounded dumb, yeah, even Chuuya knew that, but there was more jealousy when the two were younger. 

   Chuuya wasn't a very social kid, but he wouldn't go by the term 'introvert'. He just had better things to do, such as study, chores, and his favorite thing to do, writing poems. He had found out who his soulmate was before anyone in the classroom, "Oi! Chibi!",

   Speak of the devil..

   Chuuya turned around to see a kid around his age who wore bandages around his body, "Who the hell are you calling chibi?!", He growled. The brunette laughed loudly, "Such harsh language for someone who is six!", He said in a dramatic sad tone. Chuuya rolled his eyes, "Shut up! You have no right to say anything when I'm older than you", He crossed his arms. The other laughed again while putting an arm around the smaller one,"Yeah yeah, like that changes anything",

   Chuuya didn't understand why, but he loved the younger but taller one. His name was Dazai and he was different from everyone else. He was the class clown who had some weird obsession over suicide. Chuuya always got worried about the brunette every time he came out of the hospital. 

   Dazai seemed to enjoy what Chuuya does. The way Chuuya runs up to him when he walks out of the hospital and hugs him immediately, saying things like "What the heck!", and ", Why did you do it again?!", the way Chuuya said it, made it seem like he cared, and the way Chuuya cried. Dazai always calmed him though, with his soft smile and warm hugs. Chuuya always enjoyed the warmth of Dazai. The way he looks up at the taller one, even when he doesn't see too clearly because of how much he was crying, he saw his future and happiness in Dazai's eyes and the warmth in his arms felt like the warmth you always wanted from a blanket.

   Chuuya didn't want to ever leave it. 

   When Chuuya's birthday came by, it wasn't when he blew the candles when his vision darkens. It was when Chuuya looks up at Dazai's soft smile before even looking at the cake.  The smile used to be warmer than the actual candles. It always lit up to Chuuya. Chuuya loved it that he sometimes forgets that what day it was, where he was, and what/who was actually important. He only cared for the other whenever he saw Dazai's sweet smile. 

   About a year or two after the horrible torture of love, both him and Ranpo became friends. Chuuya deeply cared for Ranpo and knew he had to help the childish one with his soulmate problems before his own. Though there was one that confused him.

   If Chuuya's vision started to darken before Ranpo. Why was Ranpo dying faster?