15. Pandora

Ayla wiggles out of Effy's tight grip and walks out into the hall to check on Panda. She is about to knock on the toilet door behind which she can hear Panda crying but figures she might need a drink to get her through his one. So she waltzes down the stairs, horny and dizzy from the MDMA and opens the front door. She is taken aback to find Cook and JJ standing in the driveway, Cook catching her eye and smirking the second she opens the front door.

"Hey JJ," Ayla smiles. "James" she nods at Cook as she grabs one of Emily's bottles of vodka from the garden bed. An old neighbour watches the three of them from over the fence as he clips the hedges.

"Oh I get a James do I?" Cook grins "Mint tits Ayla. Just about the best I've ever seen". She doesn't listen to him and is about to waltz back in the house without another word before Cook talks again.

"Surely let us in" Cook begs. Ayla doesn't say anything as she looks him up and down, scoffing to herself. Oh, how she wanted to let him in. She looks over at the neighbour who had stopped clipping the hedges, listening in on their conversation.

"Yes?" Ayla asks him, leaning against the doorframe with a bottle of vodka in her hand.

"Oh, nothing" he shakes his head, looking disgusted at the three of them as he went back to clipping the hedges. Ayla rolls her eyes before looking back at Cook who had wrapped his arm around JJ's neck lovingly.

"Surely Ayla" repeats Cook battling his lashes jokingly. Ayla gives him a massive smile and for a split second Cook thinks he's won her over, before she slams the door behind her, locks it and goes back upstairs.

-

"Panda, come on! Let me in." Effy knocks on the bathroom door gently, looking like she truly doesn't care. Ayla stands beside her, leaning against the door as she pushes back her cuticles in boredom. Naomi and Emily walk past them, dragging Angela, who had passed out, into the nearest bedroom.

"Go away!" Pandora cries from behind the door. Effy and Ayla had been standing there begging Pandora to come out for over 15 minutes.

"It was a joke. It wasn't even me!" Effy replies sounding annoyed. Pandora flings the door open, almost making Ayla fall over.

"You always bog everything up! It's always you! You do everything you like just cos you're depressed cos your mum's getting whacked up the pants!" Pandora blurts out. Ayla stands back, looking at the both of them. Tears are beginning to swell up in Effy's eyes. "Well, bogging bog off! This is my party and I'm upset because my boyfriend got deported and you're supposed to be eating jelly and playing Twister at my party and telling me how to pop my cherry with my boyfriend."

"Christ's sake, I'll show you how to do a blowjob," Effy says snidely, trying to hide the fact she is truly hurt.

"She doesn't want that Effy. Can't you tell by now?" Ayla says gently, trying her best not to hurt Effy too much whilst trying to make sure Panda doesn't get any more upset.

"Ayla's right. I don't want to give a blowjob. I want my boyfriend back!" Panda sobs harder, slamming the door again, locking herself back in the toilet.

"Panda. I was just..." Effy gulps, holding back tears. Ayla leans against the door once more and slides down to the floor. Katie walks up behind Effy, attempting to comfort her.

"She's upset," Katie says gently.

"Do I ever get to be upset? Do I ever get to be anyone but me?!" Effy turns on her heel and walks into the other toilet.

"Eff..." begins Katie.

"Fuck off" Effy replies, slamming the door behind her. Ayla says nothing and takes another swig from the vodka bottle which is still in her hand.