Kalopsia - 8

A long staring contest happened between Lea and Aga. Dawn can feel the heavy tension building every second that passes. Lea can't even utter a single word and so as Aga which made the guilt in Dawn's system rise.

Paano na?

She and Richard knew this. How could she tell that to her best friend whom she knows is trying her best to prevent her tears from falling and stopping her emotions to take over.

Honestly saying, if she is still the old Lea, she would probably weeping and audible sobs are heard from her right now, baka nga masampal at masaktan niya pa ang lalaking kaharap nila ngayon, no doubt in that. But no, she is not that weak anymore, hindi siya magmumukhang mahina at miserable lalong hindi ngayon sa harap ng isang Agallion Monreal. Bakit nga naman niya ipapahiya ang sarili niya, hindi ba?

They're not starting their meeting yet, they are not talking about the deal and yet the three of them feels so exhausted. Lea who is sitting beside Dawn, is keeping herself busy by occasionally sipping on her coffe and watching her staffs do their job. Meanwhile, Aga, keeps on stealing glances at Lea, testing the water— should he talk or should he not?

After a several sighs and swallowing of his own saliva, he finally has the courage to clear his throat and so he did and started the conversation, So, uhm. I am Mr. Agallion Ariel Monreal, the owner of Recherchè Hotel & Management. And since Dawn and him introduced to each other already, he offered his hand to Lea.

Sa unang pangungusap pa lang ay nagsimula nang pumasok ang mga katanungan sa isip niya. His surname is Morales, isn't it? And, Recherchè? That hotel is a very popular six star hotel! He is the owner?! She conversed with her mind, completely forgetting that he is asking for a handshake.

Agallion Aga Morales is his name when she met him at that swing set. Sa murang gulang ay nagawa nga ba niyang magsinungaling tungkol sa pagkatao niya?

Dawn slightly poked her side, “Elleanore, his hand..”

Napabalikwas pa siya sa ginawa at sinabi Dawn, Oh, yes. I'm sorry. She looks at her wristwatch, It's still 30 minutes before noon, so, good morning, Mr. Monreal! She greeted and shook their hands.

Ayaw man niyang mahawakan o makita man lang ang lalaking ito, wala siyang magagawa, kailangan niyang maging propesyonal.

Aga cleared his throat again. This is awkward. Yes, you see, our hotel is offering a buffet for all the meals of the day. The problem is, our pastry supplier— I don't know, all of sudden, she didn't want to renew our contract, that's what Richard told me.

And another bomb dropped. Richard? So if, Richard knew he's the owner, the possibility of Dawn knowing about this is high, she is the wife! Oh, Marie Dawn, you owe a hella explanation!

May I know why? Dawn and Aga's foreheads creased by her question.

Pardon?

I meant, the reason why did your previous partner didn't  renew the contract? As far as I know Recherchè is one of a kind, everyone's dream is to have a partnership with you guys. Dawn gave her the look, she knows where this is going.