Kalopsia - 10

Sy yawned after checking what time it is. "Kaya mo 'yan, Agassine. Kaya mo 'yan." She motivated herself.

She continued doing her thesis when her phone suddenly rang. It was an alarm which she titled: 'Gisingin si Mama.'

"Shucks, muntik ko na makalimutan." She delayed typing on her laptop for awhile to wake Lea up.

Sy held the doorknob and slowly twisted it. She tiptoed to Lea's bed and sat on it as she looked at her Mom who's sleeping soundly.

She remembers her mission -to make her Mama happy. All her life, she never heard a complaint from her, never, even just for once about talking care a good care of her. Lea dedicated her whole life for Sy, and she is much aware of that. Making her happy in any way she could is the least thing she can do as a payback and as her way of saying how much she's proud and blessed to be her daughter.

Sy caress her Mom's cheeck, "Hindi lang BDO ang pwedeng magsabi ng we find ways, ako din dapat." She chuckles at her own silliness.

She slowly tapped her shoulders to wake her up, "Ma, wakey po." Lea just groaned as her response and didn't mind her daughter.

Tignan mo 'tong si Mama, may pinagmanahan pala ako kaya ang hirap ko rin gisingin. She said at the back of her mind and chuckled soon after, "Ma, it's already quarter to two." She informed her.

With that, Lea opened an eye, a smile automatically drawn on her lips as she saw Sy's smiling face. "Good morning, sunshine! What time is it again?"

"1: 47 po." Sy answered.

"Ma?"

"Uhm?"

"Ano pong secret niyo?" Sy curiously asked.

Lea's forehead creased upon hearing her question, "Ha? Secret saan?"

"Secret to be that beautiful at this wee hour. Your secret for that 'wake up like this' beauty? Care to share, Ma?"

A soft giggle came out from her, "Ang aga mangbola, ha." She sat, "Wait. You didn't sleep yet, did you?"

"Hindi pa po, hehe."

Lea's facial expression automatically changed. With her condition, this is not good for her. "Sleep now, Agassine." She ordered.

"Ma? Later, please? Hindi pa po ako tapos sa thesis ko, eh." She pleaded. She has to finish their thesis as soon as possible and even before the deadline.

"No. Sleep now, Agassine." She firmly responded. "What do you want? You can't sleep? I'll make you a cup of milk. I'll tuck you in you bed so-"

Sy cuts her off. "Ma, Ma. Wait lang po, kalma." She breathe, "Malapit na po akong matapos. Kaunti nalang po 'yun tapos promise po matutulog na ako." She told Lea and even raised her right hand.

"Still, no."

"Ma? That's for school naman po, eh. I only want to graduate with flying colors for you to be proud of me." She emotionally said.

Lea came nearer to her, "Listen, anak. It's not as if you'll fail agad kapag hindi mo tinapos ngayon 'yan. You will still continue it, but later na. I don't care if that's a school requirement, your life is much much much important than you, graduating with flying colors."