Need you now

Picture perfect memories...
Scattered all around the floor...

"Breath of Insect, dance of the dragonfly, compound eye hexagon!" As I thrusted my sword into upper moon 2, I felt myself losing consciousness.

The wisteria poison is not strong enough and this is my fifth time injecting the toxin yet it didn't even falter. This...might be...where I meet my end.

Reaching for the phone cause I can't fight it anymore

Part of me knows all of these will be a fruitless effort, urging to give up but yet the other part of me drives me forward, chanting.

"Just a little more, don't give up!".

I've finally got the chance to face my enemy and take revenge yet...I just...can"t. Why am I so weak? Why are my hands so small? Why? Why? Why? Why do I even exist?

However, deep down, I felt grateful that I exist, I wouldn't have met the demon slayer corps, my sisters,the other girls at my estate, Kamado-kun and his friends and also him.

And I wonder if I ever crossed your mind...

My memories start flashing past me as my lungs started to hurt badly.It hurts and I can't stand. I have been weakened,I can't fight anymore...

"Stand up! Stand up Insect Hashira, Kochou Shinobu!" I then heard my sister's voice.

"Live! Live for them! Don't you love them? Especially Tomioka-san? You love him right? Do it for them all! Live!"

Driven by the sudden rush of adrenaline, I stood up.

I am severely injured, broken ribs and bones, punctured lungs but I refused to give up.

I haven't told him that I love him, I haven't told him that I thought of him everyday.

For me it happens all the time

"Dance of the centipede, hundred-legged zig-zag!" I tried my fastest and strongest move.

Heck...my lungs hurt but, I can't give up now.

Yet again I stabbed more poison into upper moon two's eye. It's skin started to turn more purple, sort of melting.

I felt that I did it however, almost as soon as it worked, it started regenerating back as fast.

I should have known. Only my plan C will work. It has to... Sorry Kanao, I'm counting on you, please forgive me for being such a terrible master and sister to you. Please survive this battle alright?

Its a quarter after one, I'm all alone and...

I began to feel numbness all around my body and my vision starts to blur out.

There is also a constant ringing in my ears as I see my entire body losing its strength as it becomes limp.

Sorry everyone,I've failed you all.

The surrounding sounds began to be harder to hear as i feel myself slipping away. Then, everything around me became black and empty.

However, I can somehow hear the sound of a sliding door and water? Then, all of a sudden, the darkness became bright as I felt being pulled away and I'm breathing, slowly and weakly but definitely breathing.

I managed to open my eyes a little and I saw a messy raven-haired figure with a half-sided haori... wait- is that Tomioka-san? What's he... and then I saw three more figures. Two were fighting with the demon, a boar mask and checkered haori... Inosuke and Kamado-kun? Then this one beside Tomioka-san... a butterfly pin with a sided ponytail... Kanao?

I need you now

"You've endured it long enough, Kochou, leave it to the rest of us. You're okay now." Giyuu told Shinobu while stroking her hair.

"Master...you almost died! Yushirou-san pass me a serum and told me it was from Tamayo-san and that this was for you. So I injected it into you. Master you are okay now!"

Giyuu went on ahead with Tanjiro and Inosuke while Kanao helped Shinobu to the outside the door.

As she felt herself regaining more and more of her energy, Shinobu decided to ask Kanao how did the three guys know that she would be here.

"Tomioka-san and Tanjirou... I somehow met them on the way, I can't help feeling relieved when I saw them, I cried. Tanjirou asked me why and I told him about... your plan... I can't stand the thought of you gone, master so I couldn't help it. When I told them, Tomioka-san dashed even faster and Tanjirou used his sense of smell to find you. Inosuke happened to be heading the same direction so that was how..." Kanao was still absorbing the information, everything was going so fast and she was still in shock.

"It's alright now, Kanao... I'm here now. Very much alive and kicking too!" Just then the sliding door opened to reveal Inosuke, Tanjiro and Giyuu. Giyuu bent down and bridal style carried Shinobu as if she was as light as a feather, still with a emotionless face. However in his eyes, it was filled with fear.

Timeskip

Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control

"Hooray! Muzan has been defeated!" Both Shinobu and Giyuu looked at each other and smiled.

They had actually made it out alive.

Staring into each others' eyes, they have a sudden urge to run to each other and be in each others' arms.

A sudden wave of desperate need to just be with each other.

And I need you now

They both walk towards each other, face to face. Shinobu reached out her hand towards him.

Giyuu reached out his hand to grab hers and smiled at her. Their eyes spoke the words they want to tell each other.

"You're safe"

"You're alive"

"I've been waiting for you"

"I miss you"

"I need you with me"

"Isn't the moon...beautiful tonight?"

"Kochou, remember the promise we made a few nights before? I will fulfil it now..."

Giyuu said as he took her hands and face her.

Shinobu's eyes flickered as she became even more flustered.

"Guess I rather hurt than feel nothing at all"

"Tomioka-san, you know... when I almost died just now, I thought I would never live to see this moment to happen. I was terrified and upset. I really do care for you and I really want to be with you. Even if its a few months or 50 years or an infinity... I will always choose you so... may I hear it? Your proposal?" A few tears dripped down her eyes as she smiled.

"Its a quarter after one, I'm all alone and..."

"Marry me, Kochou. I'll make you happy and I will always choose you. I will forever be by your side so please... don't cry. You're safe with me and I promise I will never ever let you be hurt." Giyuu said as he wipe her tears away with his thumb, his hand caressing her face.

"Yes I will. I love you, Tomioka-san!" Shinobu placed her hand gently on his hand, the one he was using to caress her face.

Giyuu leaned in closer and kissed her forehead.

"I need you now"

Hand in hand, they both walked home... together.