Homura

[This chapter is dedicated to the Mugen Train movie, I must warn you, unless you read the manga or watched the movie or you don't mind spoilers, this is where you must stop, thank you]

"Yelling 'goodbye' and 'thank you'
What's more important than grief?"

It may have been two years ago, but the chivalry and bravery of the fallen soldiers were not forgotten and never will be.

It's spring, the season of the cherry blossoms and also known for being the season of love.

The slayers have already been moving on with life, spending time with their loved ones.

The ones they have lost, will always be remembered for their bravery, strength and determination.

Always remembered and never forgotten.

A certain one-armed messy raven-haired man was seen walking down the street. A once emotionless face was replaced with a gentle comforting smile, a solemn smile.

In his hand, he was carrying a bouquet of yellow roses with red-end tips on the petals.

He turned right and walked up a small slope to see a graveyard up ahead of him. It was not just any graveyard, it was the graveyard made for the fallen comrades and soldiers of the once wide organisation of demon slayers.

As he walked in, he saw a girl, with a butterfly-pinned side ponytail, just clasping her hands together, praying.

The man stood there, not only because he recognised her, the colour of the pin was-

'Ah! Tomioka-san! ' He gave a nod and went over to her. 'Well , since you are here Tomioka-san, I'll leave you here to accompany my master! ' He then nodded and placed the bouquet at the front of the tombstone.

"Hoping that they reach you as we part"

As she turned to walk away, she stopped mid-way.

"Oh, wait a minute, Tomioka-san! I have to pass you something. Master wanted me to give it to you but I kept forgetting and you are rarely around the neighbourhood. Bye now!' As she walked off, her ponytail swished and swayed while the butterfly pin remained still.

The girl who once had difficulty making her own decisions, Tsuyuri Kanao.

The man, Tomioka Giyu, looked back down at his hand, it was a brown coloured leather notebook.

An envelope was sticking out, as if it was begging him to read it.

Out of curiosity, he took it out and his eyes widened.
'To my dearest comrade, Tomioka-san'

"In time for warmth and pain
I thought it would always be like this"

Giyuu stifled a laugh, a pained laugh. Reluctantly,he opened the neatly folded envelope.

His hands trembled as he reached for the letter.

"I envisioned our days to come"

To my dearest Tomioka-san,

If you are reading this, it must have meant that I am no longer able to be by your side.

First of all, I would love to thank you for always knocking some sense into me and those times you stayed up with me late till night when I was experimenting different types of poison and medicine.

I am very grateful for that, really. You never grumbled or complained if it was too late in the night.

You would just sit by the side and watch me work and when I work too long, you would find some way to get me to go sleep.