I'm Blue

"Hannah! Hannah! What's taking you so long? You need to get ready now!" The pounding came at the door yet again, and in time to the pulsating in her head. She closed her eyes and let out a breath. These darn human bodies, always needing one thing or another. But in order to pull this off, she had to be a human, there was no other way around it. She just hoped that the information would be given to her quickly so she could get out of there quickly.

Letting out a sigh, she rose from the floor and walked towards the door. Upon opening it, she could see four people standing there, her brother, Steven; his wife, Karen; and two of their friends, Melissa and Michelle.

"Goodness gracious! Hannah darling, I do hope you're not wearing that," Michelle remarked as she swept past her towards her closet and threw it open. She rummaged through the clothes. "Don't worry, I'll find you the perfect outfit."

"You always do," said Karen, stepping into the room.

Meanwhile, Melissa began fooling with Hannah's hair. "And we'll give your hair a bit of a curl. It's all the rage nowadays."

Hannah rolled her eyes. She could technically do that herself. Same with the outfit. "Why are you acting like we're regular humans? We're all genies here!"

"Sh!" All four hushed her in unison.

"Not every person in this building is a genie," whispered Steven, his brown eyes darting back and forth. "That's why we're here. Your new neighbor, Martha Steel, is most definitely a human. Mark interrogated her."

Melissa scoffed. "Flirted with her is more like it."

Michelle walked back to the group with a violet skirt and matching floral blouse. "Oh, come on, they're kinda cute together. Wouldn't you like it if Mark found someone, Steven?"

"I would, but she's a human, Michelle. Jason wouldn't want us to be marrying them. It dilutes our bloodlines." Steven wagged his finger. "You know what happened on Jardines."

"And Jason also doesn't want us to mention that, either," pointed out Karen.

"But why couldn't Jason have sent in another genie to occupy the newly renovated apartment?" Hannah asked.

"Our lovely landlord was getting a bit suspicious," muttered Steven.

Hannah sighed. "Of course he was. So Jason thought it best to let a human take it?"

Steven shrugged. "Well, it was the most logical solution given that we're still incognito."

"I wish we weren't," said Melissa with a slight whine to her voice. "We're genies, we're the most powerful beings in the universe!"

Steven scoffed. "No duh, you're talking to the choir."

Karen patted her friend's back. "It's only until we find the heir apparent. Once Jason can imprison him, we'll be able to run the universe the way we want to, the way it should be run."

Michelle nodded and waved the outfit in her hand. "And which is why Hannah here has to interview every eligible young entrepreneur, because he has got to be one of them to get major information."

Hannah threw out her hands. "Why are you talking about this like I don't know what's going on? Or is there an invisible audience that you have to explain everything to?" The four jerked their heads back and blinked. They glanced at each other, then looked back at Hannah. She groaned before grabbing the outfit from Michelle. "Let me change real quick." She grumbled as she marched off to her bathroom and quickly changed into the violet outfit. She turned and paused in front of the mirror. She couldn't help but admire herself. Michelle was right, purple really was her best color. She smirked, she thought that every time she wore the color, but had yet to tell Michelle that. Michelle had probably figured it out by now with the sudden addition of more purple clothes in the closet. Hannah flicked her wrist and her face was perfectly made up, with a pop of purple in her eyeshadow to match her outfit. Thinking it best to wait a few minutes to pretend she was manually putting on make-up, her thoughts turned to her assignment. Or at least one in a long line of assignments.