19

~TODUN~

The vivid clinking of kitchen utensils, made my head bang as if I had a hammer been hit on it. I shifted myself on the bed trying to get more comfortable, thereafter, I opened my eyes and looked around the room only to realize that it was different from where I was used to. Instead of bunks and my roommates going about their businesses, there were two mattresses including the one I was laying on in the room, a thick duvet on my body and masculine things hung everywhere. I held my head with my left palm and used my right arm to pull the duvet off my body and then I sat up. A white Tee-shirt hung loosely on my body, my underwears were perfectly in shape just like I wore them yesterday. I looked around the room wondering if I was the one that took off my clothes but I couldn't remember a thing.

I winced in pain when I felt my head bang almost making me break into tears. Trying to stand up from the bed, my head felt so heavy and when I opened my mouth and breath into my palm, the smell I was perceiving was so nauseating. I took a look around the room again, trying to remember what I did last night, how I ended up in another room and whether Nife came back after she told me she was going to the toilet but the last thing I knew was standing up to dance with an unknown guy that I met at the party, then after that everything seemed so vague. Where am I? I asked myself for almost the hundredth time. My legs were so weak I couldn't stand up on my own and the head throbbing ache wasn't soothing.

I heard footsteps approaching from the kitchen and I almost fell down as I held on to the bed and tried to stand up against the will of my lazy and tired leg. My butt bounced back on the bed and I heard a deep cough as the person got nearer. I didn't follow him home yesterday right? Because if I did, that means I am doomed. I whimpered and felt tears gathered in my eyes at the thought of the person turning out to be the guy from the party.

“Thank goodness, you are awake.” I heard a masculine voice announce, I couldn't see the face because I was backing the person but the voice felt so familiar and I tried recollecting where I heard the voice before but all to no avail.

"You might feel so weak right now." The person who was still unknown to me said and when he stood at my front, I was surprised to know it was Kunle.

"What am I doing here? How did I get here?" I asked, remembering that I saw him the previous day at the party but I avoided his stare.

"You were drunk yesterday so I brought you home." He answered me worriedly. "You don't remember anything? I kind of saved you from the guy who..." Before he finished talking, I felt a pang in my head and it was as if memories came back although they were vague. Nife left me at the party and the guy who kept on serving me the intoxicating drink wanted to drag me into his car and then I remembered been carried by Kunle.

"Where is my cloth?" I asked him knowing that I was supposed to be in a red gown and not in Tee-shirt. "How did I take off my cloth?" I felt a chill run down my spine at the thought of what might have happened to me without my knowledge.

"You vomited when we arrived, so I removed it for you and washed it." I looked at him with my eyes, almost coming out of their sockets. "I didn't look at you and nothing happened, I even had my roommate here yesterday so you can ask him." He explained trying to reassure me while I used my hand to cover my face.

"Why did you follow her? Why do you have to consume that much when you know you can't handle it?" Kunle asked me and perched beside me on the bed.

I am a total disgrace, I blurted out and burst into tears. My Mum must not hear of this she will be disappointed, I burst into another round of tears, the thought of following Nife to the party without thinking twice made me cry the more. I should have just stayed back home and do my assignment instead of this cracked up feeling I have right now.