26

I really appreciate the love guys. Thanks so much for the 3k reads. Continue to enjoy and share.             

                  ~TÓDÙN~

The journey to Remilekun's house wasn't so stressful as taking public transport although we had several stopovers on the road because they wanted to do one thing or the other. Interaction in the car was sometimes too noisy and it made me think of having a phone that I could use to watch movies and listen to music as well. We arrived at her house at around 8 pm in the evening. The compound was a beauty to behold, the building was painted with white paint and several flowers of different colours were planted to beautify the environment. The light emitting from the bulbs made the flowers glow. The loud noise of the Mechano generator which was used in the compound filled the air.

As the driver stopped the car at the entrance to the house, two young artywomen were waiting, ready to take our belongings into the house. I hopped down the car after Tamilore and stretched my body. We stood and watched our things being taken inside before we entered following Remilekun's lead. The living room was painted white as the house was painted outside, portraits of Remilekun and her Mum was the first thing I saw as we entered, alongside were other abstract paints hung on the wall. A picture of the symbol of her Mum's political party was also added to the collection.

A flat-screen television with its sets was placed against the wall and a chandelier was suspended from the ceiling and lights from it added more colour to the room. The pieces of furniture which were black colour spoke of money as the throw pillows were placed on them, with a glass table on the centre. Having signalled to us that she was on a phone call, Remilekun led us to a big room which she made us realize belongs to her. The room was painted pink and a painting of her picture rested against the wall surrounded by star designs. In the room was a bathroom and toilet which was bigger than a room in my own house. The closet was filled with several arrays of clothes, shoes, and jewelries. All put together what she referred to as a room was a house where I live, you can even refer to it as a palace.

"I will take my bath first." Remilekun said and pulled off her clothes, she changed into a pair of pink coloured bathroom slippers, used a wiper to wipe off the sweaty makeup on her face, and made her way to the bathroom while I looked around the room trying to take in everything I could see. Nife walked to the drawer that was attached to the bed stand and took the remote from it. She then proceeded to switch on the television, which was not as big as the one we saw in the living room. Tamilore laid down helplessly on the bed and heaved heavily.

"How I wish our room is as big as this at school and there is always light like this." She said and took her phone from her bag. "Every day should just be weekend." She added.

"How I wish your wish will become a reality." Nifemi replied as she changed the television stations from one to another and finally stopped at a station that had a Korean film playing.

"Eyin girls." Remilekun's Mum hollaed as she entered the room. She had on a black trousers and a see-through white blouse. She had rings on her fingers as usual and two of her phone were clutched in her hands.

"Good evening ma." I stood up from the bed and knelt down on the floor.

"Evening my dear, how was the journey?"

"It was great ma." Nifemi answered before I could. I stood up and sat down on the bed as she moved closer to us.

"The party is a night party, I hope you guys are prepared?"

"Yes, we are Mum." Remilekun who just came out of the closet replied while Nifemi dropped the remote immediately and went into the bathroom after taking off her clothes. Remilekun's Mum pulled her into a tight embrace and murmured words into her ear.