4

4shift

4
shift

"COACH?" You whispered to yourself. The 4 boys greeted your Uncle. "I see you've met my niece!" Ukai said, walking behind the counter. The boys stood in confusion. "Your niece?" Hinata asked. Ukai responded with a simple "Mhm." You looked over at the teens, who were carefully examining you.

"You don't look alike at all." Hinata cocked his head. The black-haired boy hit the back of his head. "Did you fall, today? He isn't her dad." The boy walked out of the store, Hinata chasing after him. The green haired boy waved. "Later coach, bye coach's niece." He smiled. You waved back. Blondie walked out the store, without saying goodbye.

He seems rude.

"How do you like them?" Ukai asked, sitting down in the chair next to you, taking out a pack of cigarettes. As much as you wanted to slap the drugs out of his hand, you held yourself back. He looked so tired, he deserved to have at least one. "They seem nice. I didn't even know they were your students."

"Nice enough to attend Karasuno?-"

"Nope. I haven't made my decision." I said, walking over to the door to flip the OPEN sign to CLOSE. You and Ukai walked behind the curtains into your living area. "What do you want to eat?" You asked, opening the fridge.

"Whatever you make...Tomorrow, can you look after the store for the day?"

"Tomorrow is the weekend. Are you coaching practice?" You questioned, taking out a bowl of leftover meat and rice. Ukai let out a puff of smoke, turning on the TV. "Nope. I have an appointment, then I'm meeting with a few old friends. You don't mind do you?"

You sighed as you took out a skillet. "Sure. But you better pay me extra."

THE NEXT DAY

You carried a box of candy to the back of the store and restocked the shelves. Work was going pretty slow today, so you have just been restocking shelves and reading all day. Though you might not attend school, you were constantly self-teaching. In fact, you were pretty smart.

You heard the glass doors slide open. "Welcome!" You raised your voice so they could hear you, letting them know someone was around. You walked to the front with the empty cardboard box to see Hinata and the 3 other boys again. You froze.

Thank god I actually got ready today...

"It's just the coach's niece." Blondie mumbled before walking through the aisle. You growled. "I have a name." You remarked.

"Coach's niece, is Coach here?" Hinata asked. You shook your head as you walked behind the counter. "He's out at the moment. Is it urgent?"

"No, it can wait. We'll just come by later...so what is your name?" Hinata asked as he examined the small snacks sitting on the counter. The other boys had dissipated around the store, probably looking for something to eat for lunch.

"Ukai Y/n." You respond as you took out a clipboard with the stock sheet on it, checking off the items you already restocked.

"Shoyo Hinata. First year at Karasuno. Middle blocker on the volleyball team!" He cheered. You looked up slowly. "Did you say a middle blocker?" You examined his height. He was pretty tiny, even you were taller than him.

"That's right!" His eyes were practically twinkling. You giggled. "You like the sport?"

"Like? I love it!" I'm gonna make it big someday!" He skipped around the store to buy something.

How adorable

-', ꒱ ↷🖇🥛