Chapter 11 - Not Enough

October 26, 20XX, 3:04 PM, UN's Mansion, Garden
Russia Moscow

Both nations stood there, next to each other in the cold breeze.

Neither of them bothered by how cold it was nor how cloudy it was getting.

They just stood there under the nearly leafless tree, both of them reluctant to even start a conversation beneath all the heavy silence.

The nation that stood a few feet away from him, stared into the distance, still pondering about something as their short loose ponytail, swayed in the cool wind.

Russia sighed as he looked down at the white rose next to his left foot, that's barely alive for what's to come.

"Russia?"

He flinched at the call of his name as he glanced back up to see the other turned towards him, a worried look showing.

Without the usual black mask to cover it, was a bit weird for the Russian but it felt kinda nice to know what the other felt and showed.

"Are you alright?" They asked as they were about to step forward but once they saw Russia back away slightly, they stayed in their position.

"I'm... Fine, China." He answered nervously as China grew more worried.

China sighed as he looked back in the distance, knowing full well why Russia recoiled back away from him, but of course Russia didn't know that.

It went back to being silent.

Oh how Russia hated this silence, but he didn't wanna talk, afraid he'll slip up.

So instead, China did.

"Remember that night you got me... Drugged..?" China asked, saying the last word in a weird way.

Russia froze for a moment in fear.

He didn't expect China to even know about the drugs, let alone remember anything!

"I... Yes." He answered, quickly looking back down at the lonely white rose.

"... It was a nice 'play' to do with you but you didn't know that, did you?"

'Play'?

What did he mean by 'play'?

Russia was utterly confused, until China chuckled lightly causing him to blush a little for some reason.

It seemed cute, but he couldn't think that about him, not when he knows he's the murder.

"I do have a high tolerance for drugs and alcohol if you ask me, it takes like 20 bottles to get me woozy." China continues, noticeably smiling a bit.

"Wait, so you pretended?" Russia blurted out, shocked somewhat.

"Yep! Though everything I said was true." China confessed, not phased by anything.

"But you... I..." Russia stumbled over his words in shock.

If everything China said was true...

Then did that really meant he is the murder?!

"I know it's a lot to take in but don't worry, I won't hurt you." China said, truthfully.

Russia felt a bit flattered that he'll be spared but what about everyone else? The people who died?

This morning Mexico and Philippines were found dead in the kitchen with needles sticking through their skin and it was definitely a horrifying scene to see.