Chapter Two

"Smile!"

I tried to, trying to look as natural as possible using just my lips. I leaned against the TARDIS, my head resting on my arm. The bright early morning sun was right in my eyes and I squinted.

"Big, cheesy smile!" Jodie stood ahead, holding my phone. "Bigger! Don't be shy." she teased.

I licked my teeth and nervously showed them. "Bigger!" Pausing, I picked a fallen leaf from my hair and attempted again to put a nice smile on my face. Jodie peeped from behind the the phone with a grin.

"Come on, look more cheerful! It's not like you're trapped filming with a bunch of nutters for ten months is it?"

I giggled, then feeling myself blush as I heard the shutter noises from the camera. Jodie walked over and flicked through the photos to show me. I winced and my cheeks became hotter.

"I look awful!" I exclaimed.

"No you don't!" Jodie replied. "When are these gonna be posted on twitter then?"

"Um, never." I tried to grab my phone back.

"Aw come on, you've gotta put them somewhere." She hide it behind her back, smirking and stepping backwards. "Nice phone."

"I know, that's why I'd like it back." I pleaded.

"Very nice phone. It would sit perfectly in my trailer..."

I reached and grabbed it, almost dropping it as a little shock went through me and my heart jumped when our hands briefly brushed against each other. I looked away quickly.

"Where is your phone anyway?" I said in a shaky breath. "Did you ever find it?"

Jodie was silent, with the only noise of crew nearby. When I turned around she seemed stunned for a spilt second before looking confused.

"What do you mean? I haven't lost my phone in ages." she replied with furrowed eyebrows.

"Don't you remember? At my audition you lost it and we tried calling it with my phone, and it still didn't work...?" I trailed off.

"...Oh yeah. Yeah I found it. It was still in my costume."

——————————————————————————————————————————

"Quiet on set please for the last scene of the day. And three, two, one, action."

"Looks a bit boring to me." I folded my arms and sat on a rock. The Doctor wandered around, scanning everywhere and giving each result a puzzled frown.

"Didn't you say this place was supposed to be some sort of paradise? I quote: 'it has huge weeping willows, steaming blue lakes, tropical weather, and a guaranteed meteor shower every night!'. That's what you said."

The Doctor still continued scanning, even sniffing a tree before making a disgusted face afterwards. I kicked a pile of wet leaves and watched her.

"I mean, these trunks aren't exactly weeping willows are they?" I patted a nearby tree to make a point. "They're tiny..."

"Shhhhhh." The Doctor held up a finger. "Listen."

"What?"

"Just have a listen.'"

I stopped and tried to catch some sort of sound. Not even a bird tweeted from the trees. I sighed. "I can't hear anything. Can we just go back to the TARDIS and Yaz? It's freezing..."

The Doctor strode towards me and placed a finger on my lips and hers. I stared at her and she stared back. Then, quietly, she reached over to the tree and knocked on it. We both gasped but she kept her finger in place so I didn't say anything, just listening to the metallic echo that rang through each trunk, like they were hollow.

"And cut!"

My heart beat even harder and I stood up, glad to have Jodie's finger off my lips and for my breaths to be even again. I glanced at her and our eyes met quickly. The familiar heat rushed to my cheeks and I looked off into the distance, surprised at Mandip standing there.

"You guys okay over here?" she had a raised eyebrow.

"Yep." Jodie and I said in chorus. I gulped.

"Okay....well I've just been told we have an extra couple days off before Christmas. So, anyone free for going out?"

A/N: Hey guys, apologies for the short chapter. Before chapter three I'll edit this one and republish, I just really wanted to give you guys something to read after so long :)