The hunt for the truth

It's now December 9. 9 days after what had happened and trust me, it wasn't fun. I was numb to it now after it's happened so many times. my dad doesn't know after my mom had threatened my life but i haven't talked to anyone in 9 days and i knew people were getting worried. I looked at my face in the mirror and checked my legs to see if any cuts or bruises were showing. As i made sure they weren't, i headed straight to the front door hearing noises i sure didn't want to hear.  When i got to school, i walked towards the music room where i always to before class. Apparently i missed alot from what happened with the fosters. what? i'm nosy. I sat in the window sill and waited for my favorite Foster to come in. "Bray?" i looked at the door and smiled. "Hey Brandon." he ran and hugged me. i winced and tried to cover it up but he had noticed. "Where were you. Lena came to your house yesterday and they told her u weren't home." No i was just in the basement enduring hell. "No i was i was just not feeling well." "For 4 days?" "yea." he knew i was lying. he always does. he grabbed my wrist and i winced again. "Bray." i looked him in the eyes and got lost. they were so beautiful and i didn't notice he had pulled my sleeve up. "oh my..." i quickly pulled my sleeve back down. "Brandon..." "Bray really? why do you have bruises up your arm and cut marks. who did this?" i stayed silent. "WHO!" i flinched. "I CANT TELL YOU!" "Why!" "BECAUSE I CANT SEE THE GUY I LOVE ANYMORE!" he was fuming. "Did he do this? where is he. who is he." "He didn't do this because he's standing in front of me." he looked at me. "You l-love me?" "Yea idiot. but you can't tell anyone about this." "Is that why you wear makeup? why you never sleep over?" "I can't answer that without you knowing to much and putting you in a tough spot." he took my hands in his. "Brayleigh Califiore, please i'm begging you, tell me who did this." i took my hands out of his and shook my head before heading to class.

~Brandon's POV~

   Before i could go to bed i had to talk to moms. i couldn't get out of my head what had happened this morning and i'm really worried. "Hey moms." they looked up. "Hey Brandon, whats up?" i sat on there bed. "I think Brays in danger." They both sat up and sat on either side of me. "And what makes you think of this?" i sighed knowing i'm doing the right thing. "The day we had dinner, she moved so quick after she saw the time to get home like her life depended on it then she's gone for 9 days. She or her mom isn't answering any of our calls. And this morning." i just shook my head with tears in my eyes. "Brandon, honey. what happened this morning." "I hugged her and she flinched and winced. I took a holed of her arm and pushed her sleeve up to see bruises and cut marks. some of her makeup wiped away from her legs and face and their were bruises! she told me if i told she couldn't see us anymore or wouldn't live there anymore." Moms looked at each other before looking at me. "Well she is coming to dinner tomorrow so i'll make sure to watch for that but til then i don't think they're is much we can do." "I'll go over there tomorrow while you all are in school with your dad and talk to her mom. Brandon i hope you know we take this serious and we care about her. she's one of us." i nodded before we said goodnight. i hope they help her.