Chapter 5

You wake up the next morning and realize your late. "Why!" you shout as you hit yourself with a pillow. You get up and rush around trying to get ready and leave. You have no time for breakfast, and head out without saying anything. Eventually, you get to school trying to catch your breath and your stomach growls. You go to the vending machine to get something. Kageyama sees you at the vending machine and shouts, "Y/n hold on!" You turn around to see Kags running up to you. "Hi dork." you say with a big smile. He goes in to hug you, but you move to the side. He looks at you blushing and embarrassed. But so were you. He seemed upset and he was about to walk away. You can tell you hurt his feelings, so you tapped him on the shoulder. "Todays volleyball tryouts! Wanna walk with me there?" you ask. He replies with, "I'll think about it." Now it was obvious you upset him. You guys walk together to class, but not saying a word. "Guess that hug bummed him out." you think in your head. As you sit down at your desk in math, Fumiko comes up to you. She gives you a big smile, "y/n! how are you?" "Im alright." you reply. She's giving Kageyama a side eye, and she noticed that you saw it. "Kageyama, why do you even sit with her?" she says. "W-what?" he replies. "I mean its just your the king. How are you sharing a table with someone. Does the king have a crush?" she says while laughing. Both of you started blushing. "Can I not fucking sit down? Am I not allowed to just sit here? Get the fuck out my face." he replies. Fumiko stood there shocked for a second, but then turned her face into a smirk. "You'll always just be a king, get a life." Kageyama was now fuming, but kept quite. The teacher walked in and everyone went to their seats. During the class you kept looking over to Kageyama. It looked like he would kill the next person he saw. You tried speaking to him, "Ka-" He cuts you off saying, "Shhh." After class you decided to walk by yourself, so you get out before Kags. He catches up to you, "Why'd you leave me?" You reply with, "Why'd you shush me." "Im sorry. Fumiko just pissed me off. Still pissed off but i've cooled down." he replies. "Explain to me" you say. "What?" "Explain why your the king?" you say. He got upset again and stormed off. The rest of the day you guys didn't talk until gym. He came up to you, "you ready to go to try outs?" he said with a smile. You roll your eyes and continue packing up. "Why are you ignoring me?" he says. "Are you really this fucking dumb?" you say. He was a little shocked at what you said. "I don't know what you mean." he says. You reply with, "You literally stormed off in the hall and didn't talk to me in class." He says, "IM SORRY! I just have some anger issues that I cant control sometimes." He's looking down, and you can tell he's upset and serious. You let out a sigh, "Why didn't you just tell me? Im cool with anything but don't just pull that type of shit or else i'll be pissed to." He nods his head and says, "don't worry, I promise I wont be weird anymore." "Weird?" you reply. "Yeah, like i'm sorry about this morning too." he says. You had completely forgotten about the hug earlier. He continued, "sometimes I just get mad or confused and just mess up sometimes." You replied, "your good, don't worry." Ya'll look at the time and head to try outs.