✂0

It was hard to just be standing there in the funeral home, and seeing the casket come in was enough to break the mental hold of most of the people in the room. 

They wished nothing but for this to be some twisted nightmare, but they knew no matter how hard they wish, he was really gone. 

"Here." Kun mumbled, handing him a handkerchief and patting his friend's back. Johnny mumbled a soft thanks as he wiped his tears. "Everything will be okay."

It just didn't feel right to see their bubbly friend like this. They just wanted Ten to open his eyes and announce it's a prank, but it wasn't possible.

"Ten doesn't deserve this." Mark sobbed. "He can't go like this."

"I want to kill the guy who did this to him." Yukhei seethed. "How could he just leave Ten to die? Fucking ass."

"The police are trying to track the driver down, but the rain really blurred everything in the CCTV." Taeyong sighed. "Hold on, I need to check on the younger guys."

The religious chants were about to begin and that was when Hendery stormed out of the funeral home. Xiaojun was ready to chase after him, but Yangyang beat him to it. 

Yangyang knew it was the hardest for Hendery as he was with Ten the night he died. They had been hanging out in Hendery's house until they had a little disagreement and Ten stormed out. A car with no headlights sped unstably around the road and sidewalk and crashed into him.

"Hey." Yangyang softly called. He put the umbrella over his friend's semi-wet figure. "You shouldn't stand in the rain like this. Let's go back inside and join them."

"Go away."  Hendery muttered, looking away. "I can't say the chants. I can't do it."

"I understand it must be so hard for you right now, but you might catch a cold." Yangyang comforted. "Don't beat yourself up about it. I'm sure he'd want you in there."

Water dripped from Hendery's hair and down the side of his cheek. His eyes were dazed and his face was unreadable. "I don't know."

"None of this is your fault. You didn't know it would happen." Yangyang consoled, pulling him into a warm hug. "We can stay right here until you're ready to face him again for the last time."

Hendery hesitantly hugged him back and buried his face into the younger's shoulder. The tears Yangyang had been holding back finally flowed. 

"Everything will be alright. We'll bring Ten's killer to justice."

Yet deep down, Yangyang knew that something felt wrong in the investigation. Something was missing in the picture. Something the police might have overlooked. 

And he will get to the bottom of it even if he had to do it alone.

Alone

||Start||