✂epilogue

"Why?" He mused, crouching down to take the doll from him. "I don't want you to end up like Ten, so I had to take extra measures. Good thing you didn't notice."

Yangyang forced his eyes to stay open and keep himself conscious. He could feel the blood pool from the wound on the back of his head where he was hit. He pitifully tried to reach out to him, but failed to as his hand lost its strength. 

"Don't worry, you won't die. I can promise you that." Hendery assured, patting his shoulder. "You're important to Hendery and me."

What?

"You probably don't know, don't you?" Hendery continued. "Hendery, your friend, played the game before. I, 'Min', stabbed him with the same kitchen scissors that will take you tonight."

Yangyang's heart nearly stopped when Hendery's eyes turned a pitch black and the corner of his lip turned up into a smug smirk. His whole presence changed as he sat on the edge of the bed. 

"When I first took over Hendery, no one really noticed. I was able to adapt quickly and keep the act up until Ten finally noticed. He was suspicious of me, but then by chance, Bambam told him about the game.

I decided to take advantage of it and experiment with him. I wanted to see if he would die or if he would turn out like my pal Hendery. I influenced him to play... but the coward couldn't finish the game. He ended up finding out about who I really am and I needed to get rid of him."

'Hendery' tossed the doll aside and leaned forward.

"But, I didn't kill him. Bambam was indeed the one that hit him, but I don't think that would have happened if I didn't cut the brakes to his car. No one would suspect me because they saw Bambam's car hit him."

"You bastard." Yangyang managed to croak out.

"Then there was you. A factor I didn't consider in my plan. You see, out of everyone you were the nicest. A little mean every now and then but you really helped me adjust the most. Even at the funeral even if it was you who needed to be comforted.

I wanted to keep you alive, but then you got nosy. You started digging your nose where it didn't belong and I had to keep you in check. Had you read what those torn pages were, my cover would have been blown. It was a good thing you were too caught up in trying to keep it to yourself since you didn't even realize Bambam is dead."

Bambam is dead?

"What do you mean?" Yangyang questioned. 

"Poor boy overdosed... at least, that's what the police found in his apartment. Couldn't care enough to try and find his phone, not knowing there was more than enough evidence in this to pin it on me." Hendery sighed, placing what Yangyang guessed to be Bambam's phone. "Can't believe just a like from his account was enough assurance for you." 

23-year old hit-and-run suspect found dead in his apartment after being questioned. The suspect's cause of death is an overdose of sleeping pills. He had left a note confessing to his crimes of accidentally killing his friend. 

The news anchor's voice echoed in his thoughts, as if to mock him for not paying attention to his surroundings. The clues had been laid out there for him to read, yet he chose to see what he wanted to see. 

"Ten, Hendery and I warned you, yet you didn't listen." Hendery lamented, getting up. "This is the best next thing I can do to keep you silent and alive. I put the real doll in that bag you saw me tussle with and put the decoy in. It should be here soon."

Yangyang watched his 'friend' enter the safety of the closet. He could see the sparkle of anticipation in his dark eyes as he waited for the doll to claim Yangyang's body. The sparkle of anticipation he had once mistaken as concern.

Ah... Am I going to die here?

Tears pricked the corner of Yangyang's eyes

He was never scared of death, but he was scared of the dying process. Was this what it meant when they say your life flashes before your eyes?

The more he thought about, the more he noticed the hints he had missed. 

Hendery supposedly ran from the car yet was completely dry.

For some reason, he remembered his last dream he had with Ten. The corner he was in mirrored the one in his dream where Ten had warned him about someone. He was seated exactly where Ten was in his dream.

Helpess in the corner of the room between the desk and drawers.

So you were warning me about him. 

'Hendery' watched from the tiny gap between the closet door as the doll was merely a foot away from Yangyang's helpless figure.

"Goodbye, Yangyang."

"I don't want to die." 

"Who ate my mint chocolate ice cream?" Xiaojun questioned, storming into the living room with a scowl. "I will murder all of you if you don't speak up.

"So that's what Taeyong was eating." Yukhei gasped before going back to scrolling on his phone. Xiaojun let out a sigh of defeat and plopped down on the single couch. 

"If you're that sad we can go out for ice cream later." Sicheng suggested. 

"Call Yangyang and Hendery over so we can plan where to eat." Xiaojun added. 

"They left earlier though. They talked about sleeping over at Renjun's house since the other boys went out to visit their families." Kun reminded.

"Oh yeah, I heard they were going to play some games." Yukhei added.

"I'm glad to see both of them are doing great now. It's like Yangyang is a whole new person but in a good way." Kun smiled.

"Alright, enough being mushy." Xiaojun spoke up. "Let's go get some ice cream now."

"You pay though." Sicheng mumbled.

"I don't know guys. Now that I'm here I kind of don't want to play it anymore." Renjun shrugged, putting the doll down. It didn't feel right to play to the boy, especially if he were playing in someone else's home. 

"Come on. You can't chicken out like this." Hendery huffed, crossing his arms. 

"Leave him be. If he doesn't want to we shouldn't force him to." Yangyang defended.

"You guys played this before?" renjun asked for what seemed to be the umpteenth time that night.

"Yeah. Yangyang played it during halloween." Hendery answered.

"Nothing bad really happened. The doll barely even moved." Yangyang assured. He handed him a cup of saltwater and smiled. "You're safe in Hendery's house. He has CCTVs to keep an eye on the doll."

Renjun paused, the inner conflict he had obvious to the two. He glanced down at the doll and back to his friends who smiled at him with great reassurance. "Fine I'll play."

"Don't worry, Renjun, you're not alone."

FIN

A/N

That's a wrap on my experimental horror au. it wasn't much and sucked but i hope to come back with a better horror story (i have a full length one in the making). 

I will be providing a chapter with hints you might have missed.

Thank you for reading until the end!