ii. if it's the end of the world, smile

⌜    .·:·.       ☽    ✧      ✦     ✧    ☾       .·:·.    ⌝

(  𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐 )

(  𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐 )

𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀.

⌞   .·:·.       ☽    ✧       ✦      ✧    ☾        .·:·.   ⌟

Karolina chuckled, shaking her head at Rebekah as she stood up, refusing to continue that part, "How exactly does this help me?"

"How does it not?" The Mikaelson rolled her eyes, pushing the brunette back in her chair, "Smile, it helps with your mood, with people. It just fixes things."

Karolina raised an eyebrow, "I am confused, are you a psychologist or the sister of a nobleman?"

Rebekah laughed out, "Nik is far from that but that doesn't change our practice for today. Smiling."

"Why start with that one though? I would have gone with being rebellious... Knowing that everything in Chicago is sort of forbidden right now," Karolina asked curiously with a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders.

The blonde smiled, "Which makes it all more fun. I like how you think but I still do believe that a smile will have your face looking more beautiful than it already is."

Karolina had a shade of red tint on her cheeks as she nodded, sitting back in her seat, looking to the camera ahead of her with a toothful, genuine smile.

° ° °

The brunette human strolled through her house's empty corridors, holding her shopping bags in both hands. She stopped in front of her father's office, greeting, "Hello, how are you today? Did Mary get back in contact with you?"

Her father frowned, folding his newspaper aside as he turned to face her, "Fine, and no, she didn't."

Karoline pinched her pink lips in a straight line before shrugging her shoulders, "Well...maybe Ella will? They were both very sweet and adequate, quite fitting for marriage but I think Ella was much more into you. She would be a great mother."

"You are not against my remarriage after your mother?"

She crossed her arms, sighing, "You are not sixty or something and even if you were, you shouldn't stop your life because I won't be there anymore. I find it pretty amazing that you are having more chances out there."

Liam rose to his feet, shaking his head, "Do not talk like that, please."

"It's fine, father. It's inevitable," Karolina responded, inhaling sharply, a saddened emotion went through her blue eyes before she shook her head at herself, "Anyways, we have been invited to this magnificent party at Gloria's, held in honor of Rebekah and Klaus Mikaelson. I wish to go."