-4-

I was always a quiet child, even before he came along and took me with him. He wasn't my father, he wasn't a relative of mine, he wasn't even someone that I knew that name of. He took me when I was young, around 6 or so. I was in a foster home at the time, so it's not like my actual family was around to notice. Apparently at the time he was a man with a good reputation so the welfare signed me over to him without much trouble.

I remember him being a nice man on the trip to my new home, he kept smiling and saying that he would love having me around. Back then he actually kept himself clean and well shaved. That all changed once I was officially his "son". That's when he showed his true colors, when he started letting himself go off the deep end.

His drinking became worse night by night and soon he started putting off bills to get more. He stopped working and he got so angry. He thought it was my fault that he was doing that to himself. He thought that he was doing the right thing by punishing me. May 19, one day before my 7th birthday, that's the first time he ever raised his hand to me. I used to believe him every time that he said it was just an accident but I grew out of that.

When I was 15, that was the first time I ever tried to fight back. At least I can remember why there's a crack in my mirror. I sighed, thinking back to everything that had happened always made me wonder if I could ever escape that life.

"Zeidon!"

I jumped up and faced the man who was standing before me. He wasn't looking at me, he was taking in everything that I had been arranging.

"Please s-sir, it's not what you th-think," I stumbled out, fear making me choke on my words. Anger was blazing in his eyes once he leaned closer to read what the papers had to say. He grasped the money and shoved it in his back pocket, nearly falling over as he did so. I gulped as he slowly looked over at me.

I was so stupid for looking at that type of stuff in the middle of my room. I should've done that when I knew he was sleeping for sure. He raised his hand and I closed my eyes tightly waiting for impact.

~

There was blood all around me. My body and mind felt woozy and it was as if the world was spinning. The room surrounding me was trashed and there were broken bottles and burnt papers scattered. It smelled of smoke, making my eyes burn. I tried to get up and only succeeded in falling back down to my knees.

Fire.

I pulled all of my energy together and managed to reach the door. But it was locked from the outside, the one installment that he loved about my room most. I shoved my hair out of my face and threw myself toward the window. Luckily there was a roof that I could use to get down to the ground. I shoved open the glass and kicked out the screen before pushed myself out. I slide down until I jumped onto the cold hard ground.

My eyes started getting blurry due to impact.

I couldn't move.

I guess this was one way to disappear.